Re: Would you upgrade?

G

Guys,

1st of all thank you all for this great community in helping me build my first computer back in 2010.

I was thinking if you could all give me advise on my current build and if I need to upgrade. I went xfrire, but I wanna go single card GPU or should
I just stick with what I have now?

I know Diablo3 isnt out yet, but beta is out soon. I will be only playing that exclusively and maybe MW3 or BF3. Right now im using this rig to play Counter Strike 1.6 till those come out. LOL. Wondering how I might do in MW3 and speculation on D3.......

I was playing WOW and SC2 on ultra settings with no issues. But for some reason I'm not happy with the system I have with the new video cards out. -Im itching.....LOL

I have 3 monitors set up. Most likely be playing on one monitor (Acer G24 at 1920x1200 res) -in windows mode (so I can alt-tab and multi task on the other screens). I didn't know cross fire isnt active when playing games in windows mode. Which is kinda of a bummer or I would've opted for single GPU.

Wondering also if anything is worth upgrading or what I can upgrade with my current set up. I know 5990 and or GTX590 i would need a new PSU..anything else? Of any other single GPU vidoe cards you recommend with my current set up and what my current cost of my computer is at this day and age.

My rig is OC'd to 3.9ghz

Internals:
Mobo: Asus P6X58D-E
CPU: i7 930 LGA1366
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
SSD: intell X25-M 80gig
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 5850 x 2 (crossfire)
RAM: Crosair XMS3 Classic 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
PSU: Crosair 750Txw
Case: Antec 1200

Monitors:

Acer S243HL x2 (max res at 1920x1080)
Acer G24 (max res at 1920x1200)

Miscellaneous:

Keyboard: Logitech Gaming G110
Mouse: Razer Epic Naga
Mouse pad: Steelseries 4HD
Headset: Tritton AX180
DVD: Phillpes x22

Any comments or recommendations would be great appreciated.

Cheers,

Solution
if you have to ask online, the answer is no. you have a very powerful system and an upgrade right now just wouldnt be cost effective. the one thing i might do is try to sell your 5850's on craiglist etc. If no one wants em, leave em in your machine. If someone bites, a pair of hd6950 2gb's is probably the best upgrade you could do with 750w (at 1920x1200).

genghiskron

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
if you have to ask online, the answer is no. you have a very powerful system and an upgrade right now just wouldnt be cost effective. the one thing i might do is try to sell your 5850's on craiglist etc. If no one wants em, leave em in your machine. If someone bites, a pair of hd6950 2gb's is probably the best upgrade you could do with 750w (at 1920x1200).

Solution
G

Thanks for the reply.

If I was going to sell my 5850's as a pair, I would opt for single GPU. What would you recommend. Or is it pointless.

G

Thanks for all your feedback guys...

So my system isnt worth upgrading? I really don't wanna xfire or sli at the moment or in the future. I assume the 5850's xfired is better then 6970 or GTX580?

Anyone can price out my system: just the internals?