Antec 1200 Gap on top of case?

hasteveha

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
3489402001_998b3b1f28_b.jpg

3490216616_14a414abba_b.jpg

I received my antec 1200 case from new egg yesterday. I installed my new system in the case. When I lift the top of the case, it’s loose and feels like it’s about to come off. Does anyone else have a problem like this? I wonder if it’s defective. Will newegg do anything? I tried calling them but they are closed for the day.
Thanks

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
The case is defective. I have a 1200, the top is tight, doesnt budge at all on mine. I have heard of other people who have had the same issue as you, usually its from being bumped around while shipped. Contact Newegg and they will RMA the case, but you'll most likely have to pay return shipping and go thru the hassle of rebuilding your computer when they ship the new case.

tecmo34

Administrator
^+1....

My case is tight and if you take a good close look at your pictures, it looks like you can see where the adhesive has pulled away from the top, which is making it loose.

You have two options:
1.) RMA back to Newegg for a replacement than rebuild your system when the case returns.
2.) Or say heck with it, I got my kick butt system up and running and don't plan on moving the case around anymore so no worries for me on the top popping loose when I pick up the case to move it.

I would go with option #1 as painful as it is to have your system up and running, then have to send your case back and wait a week or so to get back up in running.