Newbie question: Please don't tell me to buy a different case

cheekygeek

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello,
All of my stuff is finally here today to put my first home-built PC together, so I'm itchin' to go - but first I have a dumb newbie question...

The case that I'm reusing appears to have the front bezel screwed on from inside the case. I can get to (what I think is) 5 of 6 screws. The last one is up under the CD/DVD cage in the top corner. Do I get to it blindly with a long screwdriver? (I may need to take the power supply out to have enough room to get to it.

It appears that I need to take the front bezel off to get to the cages & front tabs. And it also appears that I need to take the HD cage out to be able to secure the hard drive inside with all 4 screws (otherwise I see two screws on my "open" side and the other two have very little clearance between the cage and the other side of the case.

If I'm not understanding this properly, please set me straight.

cheekygeek

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
No idea. Can't see marks on it anywhere. It was a local computer store build, originally. ATX case. Has a little flip door on the bottom front for a couple usb ports, headphone jack. Above it is a little square plastic window that holds the sticker for the local maker's mark. I'll check to see if the other side also comes off, but think I would have notice that. Then again, I'm Captain Obvious sometimes. :kaola:

cheekygeek

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Sheesh. The other side DOES come off. What a Goober. :ange:

emily_litella_-_Never_mind.jpg