Ineed to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop\'s integrated video card to be com

I am trying to upgrade my laptop.. So far I have gotten a matte display, and Momentum XT 500GB 7200 RPM HD. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade the video card, but I have heard that it is impossible with integrated video cards (?) I'm not an idiot or anything, but inexperienced with hardware. (I'm a design student)

Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
B.Grote
4 answers Last reply
More about ineed upgrade dell inspiron 1764 laptop integrated video card
  1. Probably not, there are laptops with upgradable MXM card but you have a Dell.
    You could crack it open and make sure, but just remember eventhough it is easy to take apart a laptop and put it back together, having it working afterwards is pretty hard.
  2. Hello there,

You could check if your laptop has the ExpressCard slot. If yes, you could have the chance to upgrade it with more powerful external desktop graphics card.

http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock

Or you could post the question to the "ViDock" page on Facebook.

Lukas
  3. If it were upgradeable, it would be readily accessible via a panel on the bottom of the laptop, with the graphics card riding parallel....

In any event, i doubt the Inspirons were ever given this option...
  4. BGrote said:
    I am trying to upgrade my laptop.. So far I have gotten a matte display, and Momentum XT 500GB 7200 RPM HD. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade the video card, but I have heard that it is impossible with integrated video cards (?) I'm not an idiot or anything, but inexperienced with hardware. (I'm a design student)

Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    B.Grote

I really do not think it is upgradable. Upgrading a graphics card in a laptop might require some soldering skills. And with your laptop, you might need an extra GPU slot to just go out and buy one and put it in. Which I really doubt a dell has.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Dell Inspiron Graphics