Sign in with
Your question

Water Cooling a Cm Storm Trooper

Last response: in Components
November 15, 2011 10:00:24 PM

Title says it all. Just bought my new case today the Cooler Master Storm Trooper. So far love it (granted I havent gotten my new board cpu etc till next week or 2 weeks from now) But before I buy all the fun goodies I wanted some suggestions about what water cooling things I should buy. I havent done water cooling in many years and with this massive case its time to go big or go home.

Specs

CM Storm Trooper
Intel i7 2600k (duh)
MB: Im guessing a sabertooth unless someone has a better idea.
8GB of Corsair vengence 9-9-9-24 (yeah skimping on the ram oh well)
Corsair 850watt PSU
Video cards (currently my 9800 GTX+ until the 7950's come out and will use 2 of those.

Would like an idea on what I would look for for a CPU only and a dual video card setup. (obviously the water blocks for the 7950's arn't out yet since the card isnt out yet)
November 15, 2011 10:19:18 PM

Almost forgot would like to have my CPU overclocked to 5 ghz (that part I know how to do but just keep in mind as far as what the cooling setup will need to keep up with)
m
l
November 17, 2011 6:21:50 AM

How about an EK h30 kit or an xspc kit
m
l
Related resources
November 17, 2011 6:25:07 AM

danger dan sells good kits that are highly rated, new setups can be fairly expensive, but having seen it in action, they do some serious work.
m
l
November 30, 2011 1:40:03 AM

Hey, Since you have that case in person, mind answering a few quick questions..

How much space is in the bottom for a 240mm radiator.. Do you think I could mount 2 120 fans, then a 360 mm radiator, with 1 120 part hanging off in push pull?

It would look like: x= fans _ = 360 rad
x x x
__ __ __

x x

Thanks! And good luck on your build~ I'll be following it closely :) 
m
l
!