430w power supply ATI 5750

Status
Not open for further replies.

clozecall

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
So I moved some furniture around and after plugging my computer back in I pressed the power button and heard what sounded like a spark and now my computer is dead, no power. I did the generic tests (try new cord, try new outlet, etc) I'm assuming the power supply needs to be replaced.

I'm short for cash and found an old power supply I have its: Antec model: Neo HE430. Can I run this power supply even though my video card is a Radeon 5750? Besides gaming I can't access my school files until I get his fixed. :cry:

clozecall

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
My video card has a requirement of 450 watt, so why does my Antec Neo do the job? I'm not doubting you, I'm just asking for future reference and knowledge. Thanks.

clozecall

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Well it turns out I have to replace the power supply after all, as I was making the switch I noticed that anything with 6 hole connection for my video card only has 5pins in them. Examining my burnt out power supply I noticed that the one plugged into my video card has 6pins, which I believe is another requirement for my card. I looked for some connectors in the box but nothing.

I'm currently eyeing: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_442&item_id=038033

If anyone has another suggestion from that same website please let me know, as that store is the closest to me with the best pricing, I'm hoping to be at a max budget of $55 (being a student isn't cheap :pfff: ), and sorry this thread is still going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.