16GB RAM NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackanak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
am runing off 2x4gb (ddr3 1600) gskills ripjaws X ram cards, ive just tryed uping it to 2 x 8gb ddr3 1600 g skills ripjaws X (16gb) but my pc has an issue with this and decides not to work but it will work off 1 card, how can i solve this issue to use both cards

After a will of trying to start up it says overclocking failed

GPU : nividia gtx460
PSU: 750 watts
CPU:: i5-2500k sandy bridge
Motherboard: asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 Rev
RAM: 8gb current

OP: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

ty for your help

Razec69

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
What slots did you put the stick of RAM in?

If I'm not mistaken try putting them in the blue slots first, see if that works, if not put them in the black slots. Don't put them next to each other, use the colored slots.

Also did you make sure both sticks are actually working. Have you put in each of the sticks 1 at a time?

G

go into the BIOS and set Intel XMP support.
test each stick separately in each slot to see if one of the sticks or DIMM slots are faulty.

crackanak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
ive tryed both sticks and they both work, tryed them in both black slots due to when am using 1 stick i have it in the black slot closest to the cpu, i will try them both in the blue slots and see what happens, if not i will then go in to the bios and and try turning XMP on

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Normally, 1600 shouldn't have issue with ASUS mobos but just to make sure, pls check the supported memory vendor list on their site.

crackanak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
i ve tryed placing the 2x8gb in both black and in both blue slots and still nothing
also tryed puting both my 2x4gb back in to the black slots i orginaly had them in and they dnt seem to want to play either now :(

crackanak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
right i got a can of air and blasted them clean placed the 2x8gb in and started up perfect straight away, seems to be dust blocking the conextions, i think

but ty, for all your help, i really do appersate it

god i fell silly now

G

feel silly for what?

figuring it out on your own?

good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.