Having trouble using TV as a second monitor

Seraph Xii

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
My card is an AMD Radeon HD 3450 and it should support dual monitors.

I'm running my current monitor with a VGA and tried connecting my TV using HDMI.
All I get on the TV is a blank screen, I'm not sure if I'm updating the drivers wrong or what (I've tried downloading and installing the latest version of Catalyst control center but I get an error message afterwards saying this version isn't compatible with my current drivers and to update them (or something along those lines))

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.15&lang=us&rev=&ostype=Windows%20Vista%20-%2032-Bit%20Edition#1

This is what I've been downloading and installing everything in the package.

My TV is a Panasonic TXP42S20 if that makes a difference.

But I've tried extending the desktop to the TV using my current version of Catalyst control manager (not sure which one it is) and the Display Manager (from desktop right click > personalise > display settings)

I can move my mouse off of my screen (as if it's going to the TV) but still just a blank screen on the TV.
I've tried 2 HDMI leads and all the HDMI ports on my TV.

Does anybody know what's going on?

brianbuys

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Uninstall all video card drivers. reinstall a fresh download of the drivers. Make sure to download the correct version of the drivers for your operating system. Note whether it's 32 or 64bit. In the catalyst control center, you will have options to modify the resolution and refresh rate on the connected TV. Your TV looks like 1920x1080 and most likely at 60Hz.
I would also try to use just the HDMI out from the video card and connect to the TV. Leave off the VGA for now. This will determine if your TV can display something since it will be your primary screen.

Seraph Xii

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers so many times up to now and it doesn't seem to work.

The latest catalyst control center package, I not long ago just tried to install the drivers alone, my monitor went blank and I have to restart in safemode to do a system restore because I couldn't see anything.

These are for Vista 32bit version (my OS) and for the TV I've tried multiple resolutions, mostly the lowest but also 720 and 1080p.