Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASUS Xonar D2X and BSOD.

Last response: in Components
November 16, 2011 9:42:35 AM

As the title says. I purchased a ASUS Xonar D2X a few months back now, and what a headache it has given me. The biggest problem for me with it at the moment is the constant blue screen errors. And I mean constant, today it is being a bit worse than usual, 4 blue screen errors so far. My question to anyone out there is, have you heard of a solution to this? It is encountering an "uncorrectable hardware error" and I have tried changing the PCI slot is installed on, re-installed all drivers and software, updated motherboard, reformatted computer, and I still get this damn errors. My next solution is to throw the card out the window and buy a different one. I have contacted ASUS support but there is no answer yet.

I have attached the mini dump files for the past few days.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=COS3DJ7B

Any help would be much appreciated.

More about : asus xonar d2x bsod

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
November 16, 2011 11:07:10 AM

First and formost, if the card was a problem to start, you should have done an RMA on the spot.

Secondly, whats the rest of your system? The PCI-E cards [specifically the DX and D2X] have some known problems with nforce chipsets [and potentially any chipset with the NF2000; hence why I generally recommend the D1/D2 over the DX/D2X].

Third, you can give the ASUS Unified Drivers a try, though this sounds more like a genuine hardware failure and not a driver problem [in while case I'd expect IRQL BSOD's].

Forth, I assume you had no problems prior to installing the card?
November 16, 2011 1:16:39 PM

gamerk316 said:
First and formost, if the card was a problem to start, you should have done an RMA on the spot.

Secondly, whats the rest of your system? The PCI-E cards [specifically the DX and D2X] have some known problems with nforce chipsets [and potentially any chipset with the NF2000; hence why I generally recommend the D1/D2 over the DX/D2X].

Third, you can give the ASUS Unified Drivers a try, though this sounds more like a genuine hardware failure and not a driver problem [in while case I'd expect IRQL BSOD's].

Forth, I assume you had no problems prior to installing the card?

Thanks for the reply, and I probably should have done an RMA, it's still under warranty so I should be able to sort something out.

My PC is running an i7 930 on a EVGA x58 SLI Classified with GTX 285's, and you are correct in assuming my PC was working perfectly before I installed this audio card.
There hasn't been any IRQL BSOD's, so I am also thinking its just a problem with the card. I'll wait to see what ASUS come back with and then I'll contact the place I bought the card from and see if I can get it replaced under warranty, if it is infact the card that has the issue and not just some for of incompatibility.
Score
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 16, 2011 5:23:03 PM

The fact its "Uncorrectable hardware error" points very much to a hardware problem on the card itself, but give the ASUS Unified Drivers a try in the meantime. [google is your friend].
Score
November 17, 2011 2:17:53 AM

I'll give the unified drivers a shot, thanks for all your help.
Score
November 17, 2011 2:18:08 AM

Best answer selected by michaelpot.
Score
!