Closed Solved

NEED HELP IN CHOOSING PSU

HI NEED HELP IN CHOOSING PSU
IS CORSAIR 650TX V2 BETTER THEN Seasonic 620W (S12II-620) 1K DIFF IN THEIR PRICE SEASONIC FOR 4.5K FOR OLY 30W INCREASE
AND WILL THEY BE ABLE TO HANDLE THIS SYSTEM

I5 2500K OC MAYBE TO 4-4.2 24X7
MSI Z68A GD55
GTX560TI MIGHT OC IT LTR
1IDE HARD DISK,1 SATA,AND MIGHT GET ANOTHER SATA
DVDROM,MOUSE,KEYBOARD
4GB DDR3 RAM
3 LED FANS 80MM,1 LED FAN 120MM

I USED ONE PSU CALCULATOR AND IT WAS SHOWING I NEED 700-900W IF I OC????
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
AND IS THE MOBO GOOD M GETTING IT FOR 8.8K SO M THK OF GOING FOR IT INSTEAD OF INTEL H67--5.7
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need choosing
  1. Best answer
    You are shouting. It is considered rude. Do you see the key marked [Caps Lock] on the left side of your keyboard? Turn it off. Then do not touch it. :)

Power requirements:
    Figure 10 amps for an OC'd CPU. A GTX560Ti under load will pull 15 - 18 amps. That is around 330 watts. Figure 100 watts for everything else. Worst case, that is 430 - 450 watts.

A good 600 - 650 watt PSU will be more than adequate for one video card.

One of my systems has an OC'd Q9550, 4 GB RAM, a GTX260 - a card that requires about 2 amps less than yours, a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard, 3 hard drives and an optical, and a Soundblaster card all powered by a Corsair 750TX.

Running 3 instances of Prime95 to load the CPU and 3DMark06 to load the GPU, it pulls 375 watts from the wall as measured by my Kill-a-Watt meter. Figuring 80% PSU efficiency, the system pulls 300 watts from the PSU. I doubt if your system pulls more than 400 watts.
  2. Sorry for the caps nd all
    so is Seasonic 620W (S12II-620) gonn be good enough to run all my setup wat about oced 2500k to 4.2??
  3. the seasonic is more then enough for your set up
  4. but would it support if say i add another card as apu for that matter would corsair be any good????????// guys please rply fast am gonna be ordering it today
  5. hhhcliff said:
    but would it support if say i add another card as apu for that matter would corsair be any good????????// guys please rply fast am gonna be ordering it today

What country are you shopping in?
  6. india
  7. ok guys am going to buy now so thanks for help
  8. Best answer selected by hhhcliff.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies LED Monitor Components