Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

HELP: Upgrading to new motherboard and processor

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 18, 2012 12:42:36 PM

Hi everyone... I would just like to ask if I need to reformat my computer if I will be upgrading my motherboard and processor...

What I have at present: Motherboard (ASUS P7P55D-E LX) with Intel Core i5 650 (1st gen) processor...

Im planning to upagrade my motherboard to ASUS P8Z77-M and Intel Core i7 3770... Do i need to reformat my system or just replace the old MOBO and PROC and update the drivers? Im asking this because Im afraid that if I need to reformat my system, I cant use anymore my windows 7 pro because it can only be installed to 1 computer... thank you for your help! :) 
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 18, 2012 12:49:48 PM

Its always best to do a clean format, if u want best performance.

With Win7 and Intel on Intel transfer works, in most cases. But many users have later freezing and stuttering.

U would need to uninstall the chipset drivers and better yet,

reinstall all of them, drivers.
Score
0
August 18, 2012 1:00:23 PM

nikorr said:
Its always best to do a clean format, if u want best performance.

With Win7 and Intel on Intel transfer works, in most cases. But many users have later freezing and stuttering.

U would need to uninstall the chipset drivers and better yet,

reinstall all of them, drivers.


Ok thank you soo much for the reply... My concern of reformatting my system is that I am using windows 7 pro edition which installs in 1 computer only... Can I still use my windows 7 pro again to my upgraded computer with a new processor and mobo? Will it detect as installing to another computer? thanks
Score
0
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 18, 2012 1:09:38 PM

wilmonch said:
Hi everyone... I would just like to ask if I need to reformat my computer if I will be upgrading my motherboard and processor...

What I have at present: Motherboard (ASUS P7P55D-E LX) with Intel Core i5 650 (1st gen) processor...

Im planning to upagrade my motherboard to ASUS P8Z77-M and Intel Core i7 3770... Do i need to reformat my system or just replace the old MOBO and PROC and update the drivers? Im asking this because Im afraid that if I need to reformat my system, I cant use anymore my windows 7 pro because it can only be installed to 1 computer... thank you for your help! :) 

Whats your windows?

OEM?

or

Retail (in the box)?
Score
0
August 18, 2012 1:14:17 PM

nikorr said:
Whats your windows?

OEM?

or

Retail (in the box)?




Its OEM...
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 18, 2012 1:17:01 PM

Yep, u are done.

It wont activate again. U could say that your old stuff died and try to activate over the phone, and MS could do it for u. But its slim chance.

In case it didn't work.
Score
0
August 18, 2012 1:17:33 PM

nikorr said:
Yep, u are done.

It wont activate again. U could say that your old stuff died and try to activate over the phone, and MS could do it for u. But its slim chance.

In case it didn't work.



Ok thanks :) 
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 18, 2012 1:18:46 PM

It will not activate from your PC.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 328 V Motherboard
August 18, 2012 1:25:46 PM

U could by upgrade to Win8, if u are thinking to do it : )

Its like $50 bucks or so.
Share
August 20, 2012 6:51:57 AM

Best answer selected by wilmonch.
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 10:50:27 AM

Good luck!
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 10:52:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
0
!