Sign in with
Your question

Any1 can help??

Last response: in CPUs
November 16, 2011 5:39:45 PM

any1 can help me with this?.. after a format i cant instal my processor driver.. (i haven't the windows CD)

More about : any1

November 16, 2011 5:51:08 PM

Hello.
hmm very rare case... most of case install windows it self get does driver installed but hmmm let see.
#1 Windows Update (Service Pack will be best way to fix this case)
#2 3rd Party Software (Which All-in-One Driver Package ISO file from any torrent site will fix this. Try to download 2010 or 2011 year)
#3 You know your cpu is intel there for go intel web site and download chipset driver. May be this will help you.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

#4 I don't know which windows your are using it but looks like Windows xp (theme change) or windows vista. Reinstall OS will help you.

good luck~
a c 158 à CPUs
November 16, 2011 6:25:22 PM

AFAIK the CPU doesn't need a driver, at that point I'd go to the BIOS and check if the CPU is well recognized there. Install the chipset driver for your mobo and reboot the rig after that.
Related resources
November 16, 2011 8:17:12 PM

andywork78 said:
Hello.
hmm very rare case... most of case install windows it self get does driver installed but hmmm let see.
#1 Windows Update (Service Pack will be best way to fix this case)
#2 3rd Party Software (Which All-in-One Driver Package ISO file from any torrent site will fix this. Try to download 2010 or 2011 year)
#3 You know your cpu is intel there for go intel web site and download chipset driver. May be this will help you.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

#4 I don't know which windows your are using it but looks like Windows xp (theme change) or windows vista. Reinstall OS will help you.

good luck~

#1 i have the last updates from windows..
#2 didnt find any ;S
#3 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz i didnt find anything.. :S
#4 its windows xp 32bit

P.S im a rookie into computers :S
November 16, 2011 8:18:06 PM

saint19 said:
AFAIK the CPU doesn't need a driver, at that point I'd go to the BIOS and check if the CPU is well recognized there. Install the chipset driver for your mobo and reboot the rig after that.

english plz im a rookie :S
a c 188 à CPUs
November 16, 2011 8:35:34 PM

Haha easy answer is that the processor doesn’t need a driver. When you boot your computer up your should see something that says Press f2 or f8 or something like that to enter the Bios. Once in the Bios you can look for the processor tab. click on it and check to see what if the processor is recognized there.

I am going to make a guess that you have an early release of an 845 chipset based board. That may or may not support the 533 FSB or the hyper-threading that this processor introduced. If you go and download CPU-Z and run it and tell use which board you have we maybe able to help a little more.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
November 16, 2011 8:39:34 PM

this helps?

i checked at the bios and my processor is recognized ...
a c 188 à CPUs
November 16, 2011 8:48:14 PM

The most likely answer is that your motherboard is an early release of the 845 chipset that doesnt support this processor. So there will be two likely paths from this point if the board can support the processor with a bios update you can simply go to the motherboard manufacturers website and download and install the Bios update and it will sense the processor and run without a problem. If on the other hand the issue is that the it doesnt support the 533 FSB then we need to change out the board or processor to insure that we dont cause some problems (burned out components) by trying to run it at the increased speeds. So running CPU-Z will give us some more information on trying to help you fix this problem.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
November 16, 2011 8:56:25 PM

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/ANONYMOUS.html
maybe this will help?
a c 188 à CPUs
November 16, 2011 8:59:03 PM

Ok that clears up the chance of it being an 845 board that doesnt support the processor. Can you check the motherboard tap to see which board it is? Also is this an OEM computer? (like a Dell or an HP)

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
November 16, 2011 9:05:08 PM

its a packard bell (its a bit old)
what u mean motherboard "tap"?
a c 188 à CPUs
November 16, 2011 9:15:30 PM

Sorry "Tab", Any change that you remember the old model # of the Packerd Bell?

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
November 16, 2011 9:21:27 PM

Model : GA-8I915PMD
Manufacturer : NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
a c 134 à CPUs
November 16, 2011 10:27:38 PM

That motherboard does not support a processor with a front side bus (fsb) speed that low. Yours is 533mhz and you needa Pentium 4 with an 800mhz fsb for a 775 socket.
November 17, 2011 1:29:27 PM

lol but this happent after a format... b4 the format my motherboard was recognizing the processor pff..
!