Changing the brightness of the monitor

Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
settings if I don't have to.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about changing brightness monitor

    "Dennis Snelgrove" wrote:

    > Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
    > wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
    > it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
    > settings if I don't have to.
    >
    > Thanks

    This is not a function of the operating system. The installed video card may have these options available. Check the Display Properties/Settings/Advanced Button in Control Panel.

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    hi,

    Please note that using the brightness feature of the video card through the control panel can lead to undesirable features and may impact the performance of some applications like games etc.

    Hence it is best to use the controls on the monitor itself.
    --
    Regards
    M. Rajesh

    "Dennis Snelgrove" <snelgrov@computan.on.ca> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
    > wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
    > it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
    > settings if I don't have to.

    You may want to try increasing the refresh rate of the monitor and applying
    a color scheme that is easier on the eyes. Any good video card has options
    to set up profiles that will do what you want.
  4. Quote:

    Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
    wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
    it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
    settings if I don't have to.

    Thanks

Configuration Monitors Customization Microsoft Windows XP