Changing the brightness of the monitor

a b C Monitor
July 5, 2004 4:05:09 AM

Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
settings if I don't have to.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 5, 2004 4:05:10 AM

"Dennis Snelgrove" wrote:

> Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
> wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
> it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
> settings if I don't have to.
>
> Thanks

This is not a function of the operating system. The installed video card may have these options available. Check the Display Properties/Settings/Advanced Button in Control Panel.

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 5, 2004 7:32:01 AM

hi,

Please note that using the brightness feature of the video card through the control panel can lead to undesirable features and may impact the performance of some applications like games etc.

Hence it is best to use the controls on the monitor itself.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> "Dennis Snelgrove" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
> > wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
> > it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
> > settings if I don't have to.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> This is not a function of the operating system. The installed video card may have these options available. Check the Display Properties/Settings/Advanced Button in Control Panel.
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
a b C Monitor
July 5, 2004 10:43:33 AM

"Dennis Snelgrove" <snelgrov@computan.on.ca> wrote in message
news:o x53EVkYEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to change the brightness of the monitor through WinXP? My
> wife says looking at the screen for too long gives her a headache because
> it's too bright. I'd rather not have to play around with the monitor's own
> settings if I don't have to.

You may want to try increasing the refresh rate of the monitor and applying
a color scheme that is easier on the eyes. Any good video card has options
to set up profiles that will do what you want.
July 2, 2012 2:28:13 PM

Quote:

!