Maximum amount of ram my comp can use? help!

mbrown52

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hello there Here is my computer

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=4269980&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c02481328

and i before upgraded to 4gs of ram because i thought i seen that it says that is maximum it can hold, now i realized that is for a 32 bit system and mine is 64! so i was wondering what is the maximum this can hold? thankS!

Reason why i am asking is because iam "attempting" to turn this computer into a semi decent work/gaming computer

So far ordered a AMD Phenom II X4 945 (with the help of another member from here thanks! :D )

Have a Radeon HD 6670 LP

and now want to maximize my ram!

P.S with my set up that it will be on (8/22 from tigerdirect! weak shipping :( ) and will have the processor,4g of ram, and graphics card, would i even need more ram or...? thanks!!!

You're already at the maximum memory limit.

The M2N68-LA motherboard's limitation is 2 x 2 GB of DDR2. How do you propose to add more? How do you propose to change the chipset, BIOS and add more motherboard memory sockets to support more than 4 GB of memory?

These are just some of the physical limitations you can't get around without replacing the entire motherboard with something better.

mbrown52

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

i dont not that is why i was asking here! :) thank you for your help all!