Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Inspiron 1545 docking station

Last response: in Components
November 16, 2011 9:30:28 PM

has anyone used a port replicator or docking station for the Dell Inspiron 1545? I am trying find something where i can hook it to all the usually external gear and use it with the cover closed. i have one port replicator that only works with the screen open. I found this offer online but it doesn't say open or closed.

"Dell Inspiron 1545 USB Docking Station Targus ACP51USZ"

anyone familiar with it?
it?

Best solution

November 17, 2011 12:28:09 AM

Umm.. closing the laptop lid would put it into sleep or hybernate mode. If you disable that feature then I think even your current dock would work the way you expect it to.

To disable it under windows 7 got to control panel > system and security > power options. Now on theleft hand side click on the link called "Choose what closing the lid does" And from there you should be able to figure it out.
November 24, 2011 3:41:34 PM

popatim said:
Umm.. closing the laptop lid would put it into sleep or hybernate mode. If you disable that feature then I think even your current dock would work the way you expect it to.

To disable it under windows 7 got to control panel > system and security > power options. Now on theleft hand side click on the link called "Choose what closing the lid does" And from there you should be able to figure it out.

Thanks, that worked perfectly for me. don't need a new docking station now. not used to Win7 yet so good guys like you are a godsend. Bill
Score
Related resources
November 24, 2011 11:41:04 PM

Good and thanks for letting me know thats all it was.
Score
December 5, 2011 4:21:25 PM

Best answer selected by billwolff.
Score
!