Hyper 212 and haf 912

mpeckat

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
I read that the cooler master hyper 212 will fit in the Haf 912 case with the side panel fan on, but I'm concerned if I would have enough clearance to put in a 200mm top exhaust fan with this cpu cooler and case? The motherboard I have is the ASrock z68 extreme 3 gen3. Thanks for your help!

also not sure if this is posted in the right section

mpeckat

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
another question I have is if I cut a side panel window in the HAF 912 would my gpu temp rise significantly without the side panel fan mounted? Sorry for double post, but I couldn't edit for some reason.

The top fan wont come close to the cooler at all, the CPU is far enough down the board, and the board is positioned far enough down in the case to avoid interfering with any top fans that you might wish to install. A side fan also shouldn't be an issue as it is quite a ways down the side panel and wont be near the CPU fan.

Side fans are sometimes good for keeping temps down, sometimes they are counter productive too so it really depends. For the most part your front to back airflow should be good enough in that case that what you do to the side panel shouldnt matter.