installing a new hard drive into my laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 14, 2005 4:32:34 PM

at the moment i only have 40gb and really need more. any ideas how to
go about this?

thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 14, 2005 5:46:03 PM

kaz wrote:

> at the moment i only have 40gb and really need more. any ideas how to
> go about this?
>
> thanks

Buy a 80G (newegg, zipzoomfly) Hitachi or Ibm Travelstar and install it.
Once you tell us which laptop you have, more useful info will certainly
come.

--
John Doue
August 15, 2005 7:32:28 PM

i have got a acer 2700

thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 19, 2005 2:25:34 AM

You seem like a fine young man. Check this out:

https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/...

What wussies! For a hard disk upgrade they tell you to consult your dealer.
However, if you look on page 19 of the manual you will see a bottom view of
the notebook. Item 3 is the hard disk bay. Looks very easy, remove the cover
and you should be looking at the HD.

I wish my ancient Compaq was as easy to service. I have to split it in half
to get to the HD.

!