Can't Auto Connect to Wifi

arges86

Distinguished
My computer has worked fine (relatively) since i built it in... 2007. I've upgraded a few things, but not much.
Two weeks ago i stopped being able to use the wifi card on the computer. It kept getting an error saying it failed to start. Uninstalling the drivers/reinstalling/updating them didn't seem to do anthing.

Eventually I did a Windows repair, took the card out, uninstalled the drivers, put the card back in and it worked. So haven't really questioned things.

The only side effect, is that my PC no longer remembers the password of the router. I have to double click my SSID each time and re-enter the password. Its getting kinda annoying. WLAN AutoConfig is running as an automatic start.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

My computer is:
AMD: Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2991 MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 v.2
RAM: 4GB Mushkin DDR2 PC2-6400
VC: Geforce GTX 470
WiFI: Gigabyte GN-WP01GS PCI WLAN Card(Turbo)

thenetizens

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
If I understood the problem correctly, then may be first check if WLANAutoConfig is Automatic and all its dependencies also.

1. Click on start button, type services.msc and press Enter.
2. Scroll down to the WLAN AutoConfig service, right click on it and select Properties
3. Click on General tab, select Automatic for startup type.
4. Click on Dependences tab and make sure that all the dependences services are set to Automatic. Then click on OK button.

Regards

thenetizens

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Also, in case this has been overlooked :

Double-click the wireless network's name in the Manage wireless networks dialog box and then in the Connections tab make sure this is checked
Connect automatically when the network is in range

Regards

thenetizens

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

Empty? It should show all the available networks right ? So, that means you are not receiving any WiFi signals ..