Sign in with
Your question

Need help finding my motherboard's power switch

Last response: in Motherboards
August 19, 2012 12:09:44 AM

Hi guys, I'm trying to do a test boot however I have no idea where my motherboard's power switch is. I have Asrock z75 Pro , and I've chekced the manual several times but I still can not find it. Can someone help me? Thanks!
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:15:37 AM

Motherboards don't generally have power switches on them (I don't remember ever seeing one, in my own experience but there may be, on some very high end boards).

What are you trying to do? Test it outside the case? If so, you'll need to short the Power Switch pins with a screwdriver (or something similar).
m
l
August 19, 2012 12:18:39 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Motherboards don't generally have power switches on them (I don't remember ever seeing one, in my own experience but there may be, on some very high end boards).

What are you trying to do? Test it outside the case? If so, you'll need to short the Power Switch pins with a screwdriver (or something similar).

Oh sorry that's what I meant I can't seem to find the power switch pins
m
l
Related resources
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:20:04 AM

kevinduan said:
Oh sorry that's what I meant I can't seem to find the power switch pins

Let me take a look at the manual.
m
l
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:24:41 AM

OK, the FP (Front Panel) Pins are right below the Power LED on the bottom right hand corner of the board. There are 9 pins total and you'll need to look at the top row (4 pins). The PWRBTN# pins are the two pins on the right. Just short those two.
m
l
August 19, 2012 12:26:52 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
OK, the FP (Front Panel) Pins are right below the Power LED on the bottom right hand corner of the board. There are 9 pins total and you'll need to look at the top row (4 pins). The PWRBTN# pins are the two pins on the right. Just short those two.

Thanks now I see it! :) 
m
l
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:29:36 AM

You're welcome. :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:49:23 AM

I think he just means where the power connector for the front of the case is. If you find that then all you have to do is short the two pins together just for a second (like pushing power button) and it should start up.
m
l
a c 137 V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:58:58 AM

andrewcarr said:
I think he just means where the power connector for the front of the case is. If you find that then all you have to do is short the two pins together just for a second (like pushing power button) and it should start up.

Yeah, we got it sorted. :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 12:59:48 AM

I posted a bit late I opened it when there was only two posts :p 
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 1:12:09 AM

andrewcarr said:
I posted a bit late I opened it when there was only two posts :p 

[:lutfij:2]
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 1:16:03 AM

Anonymous said:
[:lutfij:2]

How can you scold when you just posted your first.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 1:20:20 AM

andrewcarr said:
How can you scold when you just posted your first.

1. it wasn't "scold" but meant as a chuckle
2. i wasn't aware there was any "rule"
3. how much caffeine have we had today?
m
l
!