Unable to Remove Folder Bar - Please help!

July 5, 2004 7:49:02 AM

Hi

I really hope someone can help me with this. I am not sure how it happened, but the left hand side of my XP desktop (about a third of the screen) is now taken up with a blue 'folder' bar. This enables me to click on Folder Tasks, Other Places & Details. I don't need any of this, but i am at a loss as to how to remove this from the desktop. It just won't budge, right click, move or anything.

I enjoy new desktop themes, and this is really getting in the way and starting to annoy me so if any one has any ideas - please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

All the Best

Brad
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 10:35:05 PM

Hi Brad,

Type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32 in the RUN dialog, and restart Windows.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759CB92B-FA37-436A-BD00-E9F3C352510B@microsoft.com...
Hi

I really hope someone can help me with this. I am not sure how it happened, but the left hand side of my XP desktop (about a third of the screen) is now taken up with a blue 'folder' bar. This enables me to click on Folder Tasks, Other Places & Details. I don't need any of this, but i am at a loss as to how to remove this from the desktop. It just won't budge, right click, move or anything.

I enjoy new desktop themes, and this is really getting in the way and starting to annoy me so if any one has any ideas - please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

All the Best

Brad
Anonymous
December 2, 2008 12:14:52 PM

hey bro same thing is going on with me after the uninstallation of Flyakite OS X
i tried everything,the registry,the folders,right clicking won't work so please if you have a way how to remove it please inform me because i am a programmer and i do not tolerate a bar thing in my desktop :o  :o  :o
December 3, 2008 5:38:15 PM

dude it's me alexius1997
i found a way to remove the whole thing
download the software from this link and run it then click repair then restart and if it is still there right click on your desktop and click refresh and that should do it the link: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_CommonTasks.zip
January 24, 2013 1:11:28 PM

This didnt work... is there anything else that can be done?

Quote:

!