Sign in with
Your question

ATI Radeon HD 5770 Dots All Over Screen, Help Please!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 16, 2011 4:34:19 AM

Hey you guys, for the past week or so I've been so stressed out looking all over google and all over this forum for a solution and I really cant seem to find any.

Last week I bought myself an ATI Radeon HD 5770 for my computer.

I have a Mac Pro, running Bootcamp Win7 64bit(Had 32bit Last week)
I have read and read and the ATI Radeon HD 5770 works perfectly(Or should anyway) with a Mac Pro on Bootcamp.

Not I have installed every driver release for the past year uninstalled and reinstalled every driver and I have come to a conclusion that it is NOT a driver issue

Furthermore I have ran over 10 3d Rendering PC game and while im in-game there are NO dots on my screen at all, but when I switch to 2D mode.. ie. Explorer, Internet, and desktop I get so many dots on the screen.

I Have read that it might be a GPU that is running lower than usual when on 2D mode but I have no idea and would like to know your opinion before flashing anything.

Here are the screenshots and thanks a bunch you guys.

And by the way I cant stress enough that every runs perfectly when I render a game, no tears or anything.

Thanks in advance!
June 16, 2011 1:01:37 PM

Try using a driver cleaner software first then reinstall with latest driver from AMD/ATI website.
m
l
June 17, 2011 10:47:20 PM

I tried using CCC overdrive and I put it to the max, and sometimes it either gets a lot better or it gets a lot worse.. Also when in games when its not rendering 3D like when in the beginning menu it has dots but when it renders the actual game its perfect..

Which driver cleaner software do you recommend cereal?
m
l
Related resources
June 18, 2011 8:26:21 PM

I used the Driver Cleaner and installed the drivers over and no luck. When in VGA mode (before I install drivers) I dont see any dots.. but after I do install them that I restart my PC the dots appear again...
m
l
June 18, 2011 8:27:32 PM

RMA your video card to the manufacturer and get ur replacement if ur still under warranty
m
l
!