Hey Forum,

Ok so I just got done with a new build. Specs below:

i7-2600k 3.4ghz
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD
8GB DDR3 1600
HD6970 2GB
WD 1TB x2
D-link Wireless PCI Card

Ok so the problem is that on occasion, the PC just hangs. Like literally, you'll be doing work and it'll stop responding. Another time it just hung was when I was transferring 60gb from one drive to another in one go. It started copying (albeit at 1mb/sec -.-) and after a few minutes it stopped.
Anyone have absolutely any idea. I'm really stumped. I've tried re installing windows and all the component drivers and stuff but it still happens.
If you need some more info on the build ask away

Welve

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
To me this screams of a hard drive issue, but I would love to see what others have to say, perhaps a bad raid configuration? Or perhaps a drive is dying? Have you tried removing a drive or using one of the other drives from your signature?

tomarmga

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
This is HARDWARE, not software. After making sure you are using latest versions of drivers for your components.

Just did a build, so, check all connections, make sure all option boards are seated well in their slots, reverify all cable connections (including power supply connections to the MB). Run MEMTEST on all memory, or run without one at a time, to see if errors reoccur.

Last, but not least, the MB could have a fault.

Are there any indications in the EVENT log?
Do you BSOD ?