MSIE Favorites Items - Rollover Color

I'm new to XP and so far, I'm quite favorably impressed in general, and
specifically with its customization options.

Recently, I adjusted my "Theme" such that the background color for
"Window" is now set to X'F0F0F0. This is a very slightly darker color
than the default, pure white color.

Problem is this: MSIE has changed the rollover color of items in my
Favorites list to white. Because, my background color is so close to
white, further exascerbated by the fact that I'm using an LCD/laptop
screen, now, whenever I rollover a Favorites item, it moreorless
disappears until I roll past it.

Does anyone know of a way to change the rollover color in MSIE? I
suspect there isn't a way... but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised!
Barring this, I guess my only other option is to change my Window
background color back to white... or to make it even darker.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
_______
-CH
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
8 answers Last reply
More about msie favorites items rollover color

    I do not know what a rollover is.

    Maybe this is what you're looking for.......

    Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearances tab |
    Advanced button | Item: Tooltip |
    Color 1: is back ground color
    Color: is font color

    If it is, Tooltip is what you meant by rollover.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:MPG.1b532efc29e518249896c5@msnews.microsoft.com,
    Crazy Horse <nospam@all.is.best> hunted and pecked:
    > I'm new to XP and so far, I'm quite favorably impressed in general,
    > and specifically with its customization options.
    >
    > Recently, I adjusted my "Theme" such that the background color for
    > "Window" is now set to X'F0F0F0. This is a very slightly darker color
    > than the default, pure white color.
    >
    > Problem is this: MSIE has changed the rollover color of items in my
    > Favorites list to white. Because, my background color is so close to
    > white, further exascerbated by the fact that I'm using an LCD/laptop
    > screen, now, whenever I rollover a Favorites item, it moreorless
    > disappears until I roll past it.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to change the rollover color in MSIE? I
    > suspect there isn't a way... but I'm open to being pleasantly
    > surprised! Barring this, I guess my only other option is to change my
    > Window background color back to white... or to make it even darker.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    > _______
    > -CH
    > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

    Wesley-

    Thanks... but Tooltip is *not* what I'm looking for. I'll try another
    way to explain what I mean...

    If you go into MSIE and click on the Favorites Icon (looks like a gold
    star), you'll bring up your Favorites pane (on the left) inside your
    MSIE browser window. If you now move your mouse pointer down the list
    of Favorites items, you'll notice that when your mouse pointer moves
    over a given item, it will become underlined with a font color of blue.
    This is how it behaves on my system, when my XP Theme Advanced Setting
    for "Window" color is set to white. However, if I change this XP Theme
    setting to a color (just slightly) darker than white (e.g., X'E8E8E8
    =D'232,232,232), then this same action results in the font color beneath
    the mouse pointer changing to white instead of blue.

    Having looked into this a bit more to better clarify what I'm trying to
    explain, I realize that a better term for what I was referring to as
    "rollover", might have been "hover". However, note that when I go into
    MSIE Tools > Options and engage the hover color, it doesn't seem to
    apply to the items in the Favorites list!

    So... I'm still stumped as to how to get around this. Essentially, I
    want the Favorites items fonts' hover color to be something other than
    white, and I'd like to achieve this while retaining my Window background
    color of something darker than white (e.g., X'E8E8E8).

    I hope this helps to clarify what I'm after... and/but in any case,
    thanks for trying to answer my question.
    _______
    -CH
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

    In article <lqgGc.26787$a24.15555@attbi_s03>, 123WVogel955@comcast.net
    says...
    > I do not know what a rollover is.
    >
    > Maybe this is what you're looking for.......
    >
    > Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearances tab |
    > Advanced button | Item: Tooltip |
    > Color 1: is back ground color
    > Color: is font color
    >
    > If it is, Tooltip is what you meant by rollover.

    CH,

    I now see what you mean. I do not know how or if you can change that.
    Wait for Ramesh or Kelly to popup with an answer. ;-)

    If you were to use the Favorites from the top Toolbar, you wouldn't have
    to even worry about it. Takes less real estate and the folders can
    be customized as well. But, if that's what you want to do..........

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:MPG.1b538639ef7bbe059896c6@msnews.microsoft.com,
    Crazy Horse <nospam@all.is.best> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley-
    >
    > Thanks... but Tooltip is *not* what I'm looking for. I'll try another
    > way to explain what I mean...
    >
    > If you go into MSIE and click on the Favorites Icon (looks like a gold
    > star), you'll bring up your Favorites pane (on the left) inside your
    > MSIE browser window. If you now move your mouse pointer down the list
    > of Favorites items, you'll notice that when your mouse pointer moves
    > over a given item, it will become underlined with a font color of
    > blue. This is how it behaves on my system, when my XP Theme Advanced
    > Setting for "Window" color is set to white. However, if I change
    > this XP Theme setting to a color (just slightly) darker than white
    > (e.g., X'E8E8E8 =D'232,232,232), then this same action results in the
    > font color beneath the mouse pointer changing to white instead of
    > blue.
    >
    > Having looked into this a bit more to better clarify what I'm trying
    > to explain, I realize that a better term for what I was referring to
    > as "rollover", might have been "hover". However, note that when I go
    > into MSIE Tools > Options and engage the hover color, it doesn't seem
    > to apply to the items in the Favorites list!
    >
    > So... I'm still stumped as to how to get around this. Essentially, I
    > want the Favorites items fonts' hover color to be something other than
    > white, and I'd like to achieve this while retaining my Window
    > background color of something darker than white (e.g., X'E8E8E8).
    >
    > I hope this helps to clarify what I'm after... and/but in any case,
    > thanks for trying to answer my question.
    > _______
    > -CH
    > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    >
    > In article <lqgGc.26787$a24.15555@attbi_s03>, 123WVogel955@comcast.net
    > says...
    >> I do not know what a rollover is.
    >>
    >> Maybe this is what you're looking for.......
    >>
    >> Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearances tab |
    >> Advanced button | Item: Tooltip |
    >> Color 1: is back ground color
    >> Color: is font color
    >>
    >> If it is, Tooltip is what you meant by rollover.

    In article <dRjGc.30138$Oq2.20298@attbi_s52>, 123WVogel955@comcast.net
    says...
    > If you were to use the Favorites from the top Toolbar, you wouldn't have
    > to even worry about it. Takes less real estate and the folders can
    > be customized as well. But, if that's what you want to do..........
    ---------------------------
    Yeah... I know what you mean... but I've developed a bit of a preference
    for the window-pane display vs. the dropdown one -- just a personal
    idiosyncracy, no doubt.

    > I now see what you mean. I do not know how or if you can change that.
    > Wait for Ramesh or Kelly to popup with an answer. ;-)
    ---------------------------
    Well, I'm glad I've at least explained myself properly....

    I'd just about completed this reply, with no great news to report, when
    something you'd said prompted me to check one more thing... and I found
    the solution!...

    Desktop > Properties > Display Properties(Appearance(Advanced Appearance
    > Item: Selected Items))...

    ....and from here one can adjust items' background and hover font colors!
    Looks like XP triumphs once again when it comes to custom settings!!!

    Thanks again for all your help... much appreciated.
    _______
    -CH
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

    Chad-

    Thanks for these tips. These look like good things to check out, and I
    will do do.

    FWIW, I *have* figured out a solution to my problem using a standard
    customization adjustment as follows:
    Desktop > Properties > Display Properties(Appearance(Advanced Appearance
    > Item: Selected Items))...

    ....this seems to have solved my immediate problem. But, again, I *will*
    check out the sources you reference.

    Thanks again.
    _______
    -CH
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    In article <#JwRLcxYEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, ddram32
    _nospam@yahoo.com says...
    > Crazy Horse--
    >
    > I don't know whether you can do what you want within Windows/IE
    > but you might google for some of the IE Customizer software/tweakers
    > and see. I think you would like these though, and they achieve the
    > effect I think you're looking for.
    > :
    > [snip]
    > :

    CH,

    Two heads *are* better than one!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:MPG.1b53a6a028e1a2ef9896c7@msnews.microsoft.com,
    Crazy Horse <nospam@all.is.best> hunted and pecked:
    > In article <dRjGc.30138$Oq2.20298@attbi_s52>, 123WVogel955@comcast.net
    > says...
    >> If you were to use the Favorites from the top Toolbar, you wouldn't
    >> have to even worry about it. Takes less real estate and the folders
    >> can
    >> be customized as well. But, if that's what you want to do..........
    > ---------------------------
    > Yeah... I know what you mean... but I've developed a bit of a
    > preference for the window-pane display vs. the dropdown one -- just a
    > personal idiosyncracy, no doubt.
    >

    >> I now see what you mean. I do not know how or if you can change
    >> that. Wait for Ramesh or Kelly to popup with an answer. ;-)
    > ---------------------------
    > Well, I'm glad I've at least explained myself properly....
    >
    > I'd just about completed this reply, with no great news to report,
    > when something you'd said prompted me to check one more thing... and
    > I found the solution!...
    >
    > Desktop > Properties > Display Properties(Appearance(Advanced
    > Appearance
    >> Item: Selected Items))...
    >
    > ...and from here one can adjust items' background and hover font
    > colors! Looks like XP triumphs once again when it comes to custom
    > settings!!!
    >
    > Thanks again for all your help... much appreciated.
    > _______
    > -CH
    > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

    In article <2VxGc.32365$%_6.10864@attbi_s01>, 123WVogel955@comcast.net
    says...
    > Two heads *are* better than one!

    Yes, indeed!!! ;-)
    _______
    -CH
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

    > Looks like XP triumphs once again when it comes to custom settings!!!

    One word: HA!

Configuration Favorites Customization Windows XP