Green light flashing on power supply/no power

davidb67

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
i have no power on the dell inspiron 530s. When plugged in the light on the power supply just flashes green. Is this a bad power supply.

davidb67

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
to popatim: Their is nothing. Their is no lights on the power button. All that is happening is the green light on the power supply just flashes when i plug it in. Their is also a yellow light on the motherboard that comes on. When i unplug the power supply from the motherboard it turns green. I am kind of embrassed because i am a dell waranty tech. I cann't find any tech specs on this model.

davidb67

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

No there are lights on the unit. All again that happen is when i plug in the power supply is that the green light on the supply starts flashing. I push and nothing happens. No lights beep or anything. I am a little embarassed because i am a dell warranty tech but can't find any tech specs on this model. If you can give me insite on the power supply with the green light flashing that would be great. No lights or beeps it is dead. Just again the green light on supply flashing when plugged in