Help me assemble my PC please.

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hello there. I'm a novice in setting up PC components and all, so I really need your help.

My motherboard model is H57D02.

I've just assembled my motherboard into my desktop, put the Power SW, Reset SW, H.D.D LED AND POWER LED onto the correct socket. The light pops out of the small circular 'bulb' on the front panel right after I push the power button. So I guess the PC is turned on and the PSU and motherboard is doing well and alright.

The CPU fan [the one that above the CPU chip if I'm not mistaken] does not turned on (it's plugged into the right socket, according to the manual), in other words, it doesn't spin or rotating. Moreover, when I connect the HDMI cable from the motherboard's HDMI cable to my TV, there's no signal available.

Other than connecting it to the motherboard's HDMI, I tried to connect it to the HDMI on my installed graphic card.

Here's the link to my motherboard's manual: ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/CS265C00/SG_PB_iMdS3811.pdf

Is there something else I'm missing?

Welve

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
I will ask in-lieu of others (I am going to bed), but can you please post specifications try filling in these for starters.

CPU:
Power Supply:
RAM:
Hard Drive:
Graphics Card:

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
So whenever I switch on the wall plug which connected to the Power Supply, the LED lighted. However the Power Supply fan, the CPU fan and the Graphic card fan are not spinning or rotating, as if I do not switch it on. I plugged each of the cables into the right sockets. Is there something wrong with my Power Supply?

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
If your power supply and graphics card fans are not running when you press the power switch on your case, you must have the made a mistake wiring it.

double check the power sw, reset sw wires that come from the case to the motherboard.

You may have the power switch lead to the motherboard on the wrong pins. Remove all the case leads from the case cluster (power switch, power led, reset, hd led, etc). With the motherboard led light on, touch the case pin cluster with a plain flat screwdriver and move it around until the board powers up. If the video and keyboard are connected, you may get a post screen telling you to press an "f" key or the "del" key to enter the bios. Then locate your boot order. I use cd > hardrive, then save and exit. Then turn off the pc and rewire your case cluster with the case leads. When you have them all in the right position, your power switch will work, and all the case lights will function. These are all low voltage pins, so it won't hurt anything if you get them wrong the first time. Just be sure not to use a usb pin cluster. Be sure you're using only the case pin cluster.

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

I thought I already place all the power switch, reset switch, power led and hdd led into the right socket, by following accordingly exactly from the manual. You can check the manual. I may have been confused about which one's negative and which one's positive.

I'll try what you told me as soon as I have energy.. Seriously I've been in a very bad mood because I spent about 12 hours today just to replace all the components into a new casing.

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Yep. I am sure it's all plugged in into the right pins. The power switch is functioning (when I push the power button several times, the LED light appear then disappear).. However I may be have to double check them. Still I wonder what the source that makes the components such as the CPU fan and graphic card work..

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

You mean post the picture?

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Then I should try to connect it the HDMI cable to the motherboard's HDMI port, rather than the graphic card, right?

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Another possible cause of this problem is that the power supply for my PC is insufficient.

I have a website that can help to calculate the amount of power needed for my PC:

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I can't fill each box out because I don't know what they are and how to check them... like picking up which one is my CPU socket... I don't know what is that.

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Tested something and found something:

I used my old power supply (220W) on the motherboard, then switch the power on just to see if the fan will spin. It did. So it's a 'tick' for working power supply.

Next I used my new power supply (the 450W), then switch the power on using the same switch - the fan didn't spin or rotates. So I think that this power supply power supply isn't working really well.