Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h video memory

Last response: in Motherboards
August 19, 2012 2:28:15 PM

Cannot get video to work using intel HD4000 drivers. Everytime I install the drivers, immediately following the Win7 splash screen of four little rotating squares, I go to blank screen and my monitor indicator light shows no video signal.

I have to back out of the HD4000 driver to the "standard win7 VGA graphics" driver installed during Win7 x64 install. Ran the Win7 "check windows experience index" link and all items register 7.7 or higher, HOWEVER: only get a 1.0 for both graphics and gaming graphics. Total available graphics memory is reported as "not detected", dedicated graphics memory is 0MB, Dedicated system memory is 0MB and shared system memory is also 0MB.

Running with the "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" driver installed by Win7 I am running at 1920 x 1080 driving a Viewsonic VX2753 display. i7-3770K processor no over clock. Belarc advisor shows no memory cache installed with 16278mb usable installed memory.

Is there another way to confirm that indeed some how the video memory installed on the MBO has crapped out? Or is perhaps there something in bios not set correctly. Bios is updated to F8 (bios date 5/31/12). I was suffering this video problem before the bios upgrade and had hoped that might fix my problem. :( 

Chuck
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 2:50:45 AM

don't know your vga brand and model, and driver resource and version.
you can try the latest bios update and if still fail, try to disable power saving options all.
m
l
August 20, 2012 1:54:07 PM

Thanks for the quick update. The UD5H comes with Intel HD4000 video built in. I have not added any other video. The F8 bios is latest official bios for the UD5H. Problem first apparent with bios applied by Gigabyte and active when board delivered new within past six weeks. Will try removing all power saving modes and update after I return from work today. Thanks again. Chuck
m
l
Related resources
a c 717 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 2:06:15 PM

My assumption is your BIOS settings, boot into the BIOS and 'Load Optimized Settings' and Save & Exit = Yes.

If the problem persists then boot into Safe Mode and re-install the 'Intel VGA Driver' (8.15.10.2712 or later) - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... To boot into 'Safe Mode' press F8 before the Windows logo appears but after the BIOS 'Splash Screen'. If that fails then insert the Window 7 OS 'media' and use a Restore Point prior to the 'problem' ; see - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/fe...
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 2:20:52 PM

BTW - I'd also double-check that ALL of your RAM is being detected from your Resource Monitor; see below. The iGPU 'shares' RAM that's installed from the system memory i.e. 4xDIMM slots. Assuming the BIOS is properly set the minimum on most systems is 32MB and I advise using 256MB~512MB if you are not using a Discrete GPU.

Also a note if using an 'adapter' see - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
Integrated Graphics Processor:
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600p

Resource Monitor (Shared iGPU memory shows-up as 'Hardware Reserved'):
m
l
!