What is your opinion on this guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Could be better, but it is a start at least.

I wouldn't use it myself and I wouldn't suggest others use it, there are better guides for getting the most bang for your buck.

This website hosts a contest every month for how to best spend $500, $1000, and $2000.

That contest tracks the prices of everything on a month to month basis.

Other websites have links that show the best price for every video card currently on the market and stuff like that.

Those are the things I use to determine value parts. If you are like me you are willing to spend a little more if you are going to get a whole lot more as a result.

Such lists like these are where you go for things like that

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Your guide may offer a good general guideline for prices, but you should still check for specials. I wouldn't use it. I search for used stuff on craigslist first to see if I can save some real money. Then I use slickdeals or fatwallet to check for daily specials. Then newegg shellshocker deals. Then end of the year specials starting with black friday and looking for extreme closeout specials on the hp or dell website from the end of dec to january.

redness

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009

I didn't create that guide, I only people's opinions on it.

It's not too bad.
I don't agree with some of the lower end case recommendations.
I agree with the guys,shop around.
Guide is obviously prepared by one individual.
I think i have a good idea who it is( a member here who concentrates his efforts in the Systems section)

Could be better, but it is a start at least.

I wouldn't use it myself and I wouldn't suggest others use it, there are better guides for getting the most bang for your buck.

This website hosts a contest every month for how to best spend $500, $1000, and $2000.

That contest tracks the prices of everything on a month to month basis.

Other websites have links that show the best price for every video card currently on the market and stuff like that.

Those are the things I use to determine value parts. If you are like me you are willing to spend a little more if you are going to get a whole lot more as a result.

Such lists like these are where you go for things like that

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Solution
I can't get to it at work. I may have a very good idea of what I want and why, but I always ask here when I'm getting ready to build. There is always someone who will know where a deal is that I didn't find, or make a valid point about some part, which I'll need to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.