Sign in with
Your question

ASUS vs MSI

Last response: in Motherboards
August 19, 2012 8:14:08 PM

I'm looking for a Motherboard which can satisfy HIGH-END gaming needs, supports long life of hardware and reliable.

So, please guide me!!!!

I've 2 options in my mind ASUS and MSI, which one would satisfy my above mentioned needs????

If you have another brand options then your opinions are welcomed as well.

Thanks in advance :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

More about : asus msi

a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 9:18:42 PM

ASUS, no question about that.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 9:22:09 PM

What HW are planing to get? GPU's?

Budget?
m
l
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 9:23:41 PM

U are going for x79, right?
m
l
August 19, 2012 9:41:34 PM

nikorr said:
What HW are planing to get? GPU's?

Budget?

I'm thinking Asus Sabertooth Z77 as I'm mainly interested in it due to it's support for 3rd/2nd Gen processors, thermal armour, dust cover and LucidLogix Virtu MVP.

I could've gone for x79 but as far as I've read it doesn't supports 3rd Gen processors..

The GPU which I've chosen is GTX 560 ti due to it's low price and good capability for HIGH-END gaming and also due to 3rd GEN processors have in-built 4000HD series graphics so it would be a good option.

Also, if you can suggest any other combo in that price range of products I've mentioned above, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 9:46:27 PM

x79 is better if u are using 3-4 cards.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 9:59:14 PM

MSI is the worst brand out there
m
l
August 19, 2012 10:01:55 PM

I have the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and although i know there is better i wouldn't trade it for anything hehehe it's awesome
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 10:07:35 PM

apache_lives said:
MSI is the worst brand out there

motherboard quality isnt linear by company brand. each company can have a bad board somewhere.
m
l
August 19, 2012 10:09:20 PM

nikorr said:
It will OC nicely, stable, quality mobo.

ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for suggesting that Motherboard, but as I've said above Thermal Armour, Thermal Radar and Dust defender were my main interest in Sabertooth z77 due to my needs of High-END gaming which would produce heat and a bit dusty environment and above moderate temperature in summers in my country. But on your suggested one it lacks the cooling and anti-dust solutions.

:bounce:  :bounce:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 10:11:25 PM

OK, whats your CPU cooling?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 10:12:22 PM

HardwareTwitch said:
Thanks for suggesting that Motherboard, but as I've said above Thermal Armour, Thermal Radar and Dust defender were my main interest in Sabertooth z77 due to my needs of High-END gaming which would produce heat and a bit dusty environment and above moderate temperature in summers in my country. But on your suggested one it lacks the cooling and anti-dust solutions.

:bounce:  :bounce:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

the problem about worrying about dust on the mobo is that it does nothing to protect the rest of your parts from dust(gpu, HSF etc) so its partially negligable.
m
l
August 19, 2012 10:20:23 PM

nikorr said:
OK, whats your CPU cooling?

I'm not thinking of any particular dedicated cooling system on my new PC which I'm planning, just the Thermal Armour of Sabertooth Z77, Fan of the Processor and additional 2-3 fan for the heat outlet from the cabinet.

If you can suggest some cooling methods with a cheap or somewhat reasonable price because It's not included in my budget, it would be helpful :) 

:cry:  :cry:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :cry:  :cry: 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2012 10:23:09 PM

The case would be significantly more cool if you used the asus board above and bought fans/better heatsink instead of relying on the "armor" of the sabertooth

180$ vs 250$, 70$ for better case ventilation, case fans, heatsink>the armor
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 10:23:33 PM

HardwareTwitch said:
I'm not thinking of any particular dedicated cooling system on my new PC which I'm planning, just the Thermal Armour of Sabertooth Z77, Fan of the Processor and additional 2-3 fan for the heat outlet from the cabinet.

If you can suggest some cooling methods with a cheap or somewhat reasonable price because It's not included in my budget, it would be helpful :) 

With that u cannot even overclock.

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 19, 2012 10:24:25 PM

Whats the case?
m
l
August 19, 2012 10:42:54 PM

Second on CPU Cooler >>>> Thermal Armor, Also Case with dust filter(Corsair 4/500R etc) >>>> Dust Defender as they keep the dust out of the whole computer and you can clean them whenever you want(you can't vacuum your motherboard without destroying everything on it with static electricity).

As far as air CPU Cooler the high-end big 3 currently is The Silver Arrow, the Noctua NH-D14, and Phantek PH-TC14PE, any one of these will help you OC an Ivy Bridge into the 4.7 Ghz range where counting how Ivy are 5% better than Sandy clock per clock is almost equal to a 5 Ghz OC from Sandy Bridge.

To not OC your CPU for "High End Gaming' is ludicrous, for Multiplayer game with a lot of players(like 64 player Battlefield 3), not OCing your CPU will servery bottleneck your FPS even though you have adequate GPU.
m
l
!