6870 Eyefinity Setup Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfreggie

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Lucky me... finally upgraded my video card from a 4670 to a 6870. I want to set up Eyefinity, but guess I'm not doing it right, so I need a little help.
I know this isn't the best situation, but this is what I have to work with right now since the wife gets cranky when I buy things.
I have 2x19" monitors, Viewsonic VX922 (4:3), and an Asus VH232H. As I have them setup right now, the 19" monitors are on both sides of the 23", however, only one of my 19" monitors gets a signal, and the 23" also gets a signal. Both of the 19" monitors are connected by DVI, and the 23" by HDMI.
I have the latest CCC installed on a newly installed W7 install. In CCC whenever I try to "expand" to the 3rd monitor, it gives me an error - something about it can't do it because I don't have it set up properly.

Other specs:
Q9550, OC to 3.4
GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L
8 GB 1066DDR2
Corsair 650HX

So what am I not doing right that my 3rd monitor won't display anything?

Thanks everyone, and anything else you need to know, just ask!

Solution
The DVI will more than likely be a dual link one. So it only outputs to one screen even though there are two ports (the second is to top up the data throughput to large screen resolutions like 1600p).

You'll need to connect the one without signal to the last open unique port on the 6870 which will more than likely be a DisplayPort connector, or if you're lucky, a VGA connector.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The DVI will more than likely be a dual link one. So it only outputs to one screen even though there are two ports (the second is to top up the data throughput to large screen resolutions like 1600p).

You'll need to connect the one without signal to the last open unique port on the 6870 which will more than likely be a DisplayPort connector, or if you're lucky, a VGA connector.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.