I5 2500k Question

Noob to Cpus and computer building. Just a quick question. Are these the same?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354589

I dont see why the price is so different which is whats leading me to believe theyre not the same. Any help would be very much appreciated thanks!
15 answers Last reply
More about 2500k question
  1. Stores offer various discounts. The second store is offering the same thing. They're only lower in price because that second store is providing a bigger discount. That second store isn't getting as much profit though in return for luring customers to them.
  2. So its the exact same product right? just making sure before i go pick it up that im not getting something less than i want
    ulillillia said:
    Stores offer various discounts. The second store is offering the same thing. They're only lower in price because that second store is providing a bigger discount. That second store isn't getting as much profit though in return for luring customers to them.
  3. If it makes you feel better I got my I5 2500K from microcenter in Atlanta at $179 and it was the real thing. But just so you know I don't think they ship at all.

    They even gave me $40 off a mother board to go along with it. Over all they have some of the best prices I have every seen


    Fatanarexic said:
    Noob to Cpus and computer building. Just a quick question. Are these the same?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354589

    I dont see why the price is so different which is whats leading me to believe theyre not the same. Any help would be very much appreciated thanks!
  4. Yes they are the same.


    Fatanarexic said:
    So its the exact same product right? just making sure before i go pick it up that im not getting something less than i want
  5. Yes, they are both exactly identical. However, one thing you can do is check to see if Microcenter is a good business. Newegg is well known and has good customer service. It's about the only other thing you can check.

    Both are LGA1155 and i5-2500K (with the K), so they are identical.
  6. awesome thanks alot guys. much appreciated
  7. The difference is Micro Center does not ship it to you. You must walk into their store to purchase the i5-2500k. Don't forget to add sales tax.

    Newegg will ship the i5-2500k. Depending on where you live, you may not have to pay a sales tax.
  8. Now they give you 60 bucks off of the mobo :)
  9. with added sales tax, the cpu from microcenter is still less than newegg.

    You can buy the i5-2500k from ncix for 189.99 (192ish with additional insurance), but even then microcenter is still cheaper if sales tax is less than 7%.

    They sell em cheap in hopes that you will buy a bunch of other stuff that you may or may not need.
  10. ^^^

    I never said sales taxes will increase the overall cost to make it more expensive than purchasing the i5-2500k from Newegg. I simply listed the difference between purchasing it from Micro Center and Newegg.
  11. ^^^True.
  12. so if i plan on pairing the i5 2500k with a ASUS Maximus IV Extreme microcenter would give me 60 bucks off the mobo? if i buy the cpu there?
    amuffin said:
    Now they give you 60 bucks off of the mobo :)
  13. same products but different price.
  14. same products but different price.

    i have buyed i5 2500k from local shop in pakistan of 217 us $ and big name shop like galaxy they were giving me the same product of 237 us $

    so i guess the price of i5 2500k with low profit margin is 215 us $ to 220 us $

    it was my personal experience which i hope that help you :-)
  15. pell380 said:
    same products but different price.

    i have buyed i5 2500k from local shop in pakistan of 217 us $ and big name shop like galaxy they were giving me the same product of 237 us $

    so i guess the price of i5 2500k with low profit margin is 215 us $ to 220 us $

    it was my personal experience which i hope that help you :-)

    hmmm, are you pakistani
    i am pakistani.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers Intel i5