How to upgrade BIOS

Hello, I am currently using a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard running Award BIOS. Is there any way I can upgrade to UEFI BIOS? I tried putting the upgrade file into a USB stick and using Q-flash to reflash to UEFI but it doesn't even detect the file.
6 answers Last reply
More about upgrade bios
  1. Anyone help
  2. If your board didn't have a UEFI BIOS to begin with, you can't change it. You can only upgrade to the next/latest version of your existing BIOS.
  3. The website shows a UEFI BIOS upgrade file though. How can I use it, I am just asking because apparently the upgrade allows the z68 gigabyte mobos to OC Ivy Bridge. Until then my 3570k is stuck at 3.4ghz :(
  4. maybe your board do not support the uefi one so you could only use the standard bios ask gigabyte to see if your board support the uefi
  5. I clicked on my motherboard's page and under the BIOS tab of the page is where I found the UEFI Upgrade so I would think that it is supported. But seeing how it is 12 AM already, Ill just call tommorow
  6. LevelUp_ said:
    I clicked on my motherboard's page and under the BIOS tab of the page is where I found the UEFI Upgrade so I would think that it is supported.

That's the first time I've seen an available BIOS upgrade from legacy to UEFI. Let me/us know what you find out from Gigabyte.

If yours won't upgrade, it may be due to the motherboard version you have. (Although, I would expect that to be stated as a disclaimer)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS