Sign in with
Your question

How to upgrade BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
August 19, 2012 10:53:16 PM

Hello, I am currently using a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard running Award BIOS. Is there any way I can upgrade to UEFI BIOS? I tried putting the upgrade file into a USB stick and using Q-flash to reflash to UEFI but it doesn't even detect the file.

More about : upgrade bios

August 19, 2012 11:40:35 PM

Anyone help
m
l
a c 402 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 3:01:06 AM

If your board didn't have a UEFI BIOS to begin with, you can't change it. You can only upgrade to the next/latest version of your existing BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2012 3:46:26 AM

The website shows a UEFI BIOS upgrade file though. How can I use it, I am just asking because apparently the upgrade allows the z68 gigabyte mobos to OC Ivy Bridge. Until then my 3570k is stuck at 3.4ghz :( 
m
l
a c 143 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 3:59:07 AM

maybe your board do not support the uefi one so you could only use the standard bios ask gigabyte to see if your board support the uefi
m
l
August 20, 2012 4:06:38 AM

I clicked on my motherboard's page and under the BIOS tab of the page is where I found the UEFI Upgrade so I would think that it is supported. But seeing how it is 12 AM already, Ill just call tommorow
m
l
a c 402 V Motherboard
August 20, 2012 3:48:17 PM

LevelUp_ said:
I clicked on my motherboard's page and under the BIOS tab of the page is where I found the UEFI Upgrade so I would think that it is supported.

That's the first time I've seen an available BIOS upgrade from legacy to UEFI. Let me/us know what you find out from Gigabyte.

If yours won't upgrade, it may be due to the motherboard version you have. (Although, I would expect that to be stated as a disclaimer)
m
l
!