Sign in with
Your question

PC Freezing

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 17, 2011 6:17:13 PM

Hello,
Hello,

my problem is that my pc hang/freezing randomly. especially when i run youtube ,and when the pc freez iam not able to move the mouse or keyboard or anything ,i have to reboot the pc every single time,im using Everest program to monitor my hardware and i see the temp. is oky , mobo temp : 50 c ,Cpu :47, GPU: 60 c ,i have tried almost everything but i still having this problem, i tried to put the Memory Timing Manually in the Bios . i cleaned the pc from he Dust.. i did format .. i tried to run a single stick Memory in every Time,updated all the drivers.....but still having the same problem... so please if could solve or give me some advises to try to solve this Issue,

please see below some information about my pc

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3
Mobo : ASUS M4A78T-E
GPU : Video Card : EVGA GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ,Core Clock 756 MHZ. for full spec/Reviews check
Memory : Kingeston 4 Giga (2x2) ,DDR3 1333 MHZ (KVR1333d3n9/2g 1.5V)
Power supply : GT ATX 600 WAT
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

More about : freezing

a b à CPUs
November 17, 2011 6:38:08 PM

I will give it a shot.

First, I need to know more about the power supply.

How old is it?

Also, if you could, try to get a model number off of it or something. Perhaps spell out what GT stands for if you know it. Any more info you could provide on this would be helpful.

m
l
November 17, 2011 7:22:31 PM

Raiddinn said:
I will give it a shot.

First, I need to know more about the power supply.

How old is it?

Also, if you could, try to get a model number off of it or something. Perhaps spell out what GT stands for if you know it. Any more info you could provide on this would be helpful.

actually , the Power supply is not old ( 3 months old), and i am sure that i read GT or Something on the package .. i will try to get the full model name form the one who i bought this Power supply form..

please find below the image and details for my Power supply maybe this could be helpful,

and please note, that i had Power Supply: CORSAIR (550 Watt) ATX12V V2.2 before, but i had to sold it for some reason.. and also My pc was hanging when i was use that Corsair power supply, but the PC was hanging less than now..don't know if it was a coincidence or what... in both ways the PC is hanging..
P.S : sorry for bad English

m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 17, 2011 7:53:34 PM

Not one of those rails can put out more than 11a on the 12vs. Two of the rails only do 10a on the 12v, that is only 120w max on day 1 before aging kicks in. A Phenom 2 x4 955 already passes that with a regular 125w.

IF you have the CPU on an 11a rail, that gives you 132 day 1 power and you need 125 for the processor. It will be hard to tell which you have it on out of the 10 or the 11a wires, but the 10 isn't good enough on day 1 and the other is barely good enough on day 1. The 11a is probably barely squeezing by even after 3 months of wear and tear if it is even on that.

I honestly don't think the PSU is up to the task.

That may not be the problem now, but if it isn't then it will be a problem soon regardless.

You said you had a Corsair 550w before and it still froze up. That is a fat single rail design with 41a worth of juice on the 12vs which should be more than enough to power an AMD 955 and a tiny gts250.

The GTS 250 is probably pulling less than 100w so that shouldn't be overloading a 10a rail unless something else is on it and it definitely shouldn't be able to add with pretty much anything else to bring the Corsair 550w to its knees.

TBH, my best guess would be that it is a driver problem of some kind.

The newest drivers aren't always the best. You could try older drivers for your GTS250 and see if you have stability problems. Sometimes the video card companies put out drivers to address one problem which breaks something else. If you don't need the capabilities of the newest drivers often staying with the older drivers can be better for stability.

I would suggest you try to get a collection of older driver versions for the card and try them individually and see if the situation improves.

Also, the card is kinda old-ish. I am kinda surprised that Windows 7 works with it. You may want to consider a newer card that will possibly work better. If you can possibly get one at the store, try it out, and take it back if your stability issues don't go away then it would be ideal.

- Edit - I just wanted to say that a 5450 is a really low wattage video card and it only costs $30 and is much newer than the GTS 250, that could help too if it really is a power problem.
m
l
November 18, 2011 7:34:01 AM

Hmm, could be...
actually i built my PC one and half year ago..that card had good reviews that time. but i should had bought ATI Radeon since ATI is Better compatibility with an AMD.
anyways,i will try to do what you have suggested .. i will try the Old Drivers.. and try to get another GPU .
i will come to you after testing all these things,
appreciate your kind support .
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2011 6:27:52 PM

No problem, hope it works.
m
l
!