Sign in with
Your question

Intel Celeron T2400 interchangeable with Core2Duo T7500?

Last response: in CPUs
November 17, 2011 6:36:21 PM

Evening all,

I have a old Toshiba Satellite A110-275. It has a PGA479M CPU socket with a Celeron T2400 sitting in it right now and I'm looking for a possible upgrade path. I can't afford to upgrade right now, so was looking to the potential for upgrading this aging laptop. I've noticed that a T7500 Core 2 Duo will sit in it apparently, but don't know if the board will support it. I've done searches online but failed to find anything that suggests this machine will accept anything more than this Celeron. The chip I've seen is £44, and I don't want to spend that much to not have it work!

Any clues as to whether it's possible it would? I should probably just upgrade to a new laptop, but I've recently been whacked with dental bills so it's not possible this month!

Many thanks in advance!
a c 159 à CPUs
a b å Intel
November 17, 2011 7:45:30 PM

I wouldn't touch your old laptop. Even if a newer cpu works, the heatsink may not be adequate for the upgraded cpu. Heatsinks are even more proprietary to laptop boards than cpus. If the system overheats with the new cpu, the screen will freeze. I would save and get a new one and sell the old one intact with a fresh windows install to get rid of your personal files.
a c 150 à CPUs
a b å Intel
November 17, 2011 8:23:50 PM

The t2400 uses a 667Mhz front side bus and the t7500 uses 800, I doubt the 7500 would work at all since Toshiba never offered it (800mhz fsb) in that line.
November 18, 2011 6:12:39 AM

laptops are really horrible on upgrading that kind of stuff, not to mention its not ideal to get a laptop for gaming (i mean yah its pretty cool and all but the lack of processor upgrades due to the heatsink and all is not recommened) Get a desktop for power hungry tasks and the laptop for basic surfing or work tasks and a few games..
!