Pro4 vs P8Z77-V LX

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
Hi guys!

Looking for some feedback for my new gaming rig mobo choice.

To set the scene, I'm not interested in overclocking or multiple GPU cards (just a single gtx 560 non-ti). I will be installing an aftermarket CPU cooler for noise reasons ... probably the Arctic i30.

Although the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a no-brainer I'm just not convinced it is worth the extra £20 when I have no intention of OC'ing. So I'm looking at the comparatively priced ASRock Z77 Pro4 and the Asus P8Z77-V LX.

Historically I've been a fan of Asus boards but its hard to ignore ASRock's popularity. Your comments please! :)

I am a Asus and Asrock fan i say go with which ever is cheaper neither are better than one another and the extreme 4 wouldn't be worth it if your not overclocking although it is the best out those three

Dangi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
If you are not planing to OC why don't you get an H77 board ? 'cause OC is the only difference between H77 and Z77, and by buying an H77 board you are spending less money for the same performance

zcoot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I think there are a few more differences but yeah just get a H77 board. Although Z77 mother boards sometimes have extra features not related to the chipset.