Pro4 vs P8Z77-V LX

Hi guys!

Looking for some feedback for my new gaming rig mobo choice.

To set the scene, I'm not interested in overclocking or multiple GPU cards (just a single gtx 560 non-ti). I will be installing an aftermarket CPU cooler for noise reasons ... probably the Arctic i30.

Although the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a no-brainer I'm just not convinced it is worth the extra £20 when I have no intention of OC'ing. So I'm looking at the comparatively priced ASRock Z77 Pro4 and the Asus P8Z77-V LX.

Historically I've been a fan of Asus boards but its hard to ignore ASRock's popularity. Your comments please! :)
4 answers Last reply
More about pro4 p8z77
  1. I am a Asus and Asrock fan i say go with which ever is cheaper neither are better than one another and the extreme 4 wouldn't be worth it if your not overclocking although it is the best out those three
  2. If you are not planing to OC why don't you get an H77 board ? 'cause OC is the only difference between H77 and Z77, and by buying an H77 board you are spending less money for the same performance
  3. I think there are a few more differences but yeah just get a H77 board. Although Z77 mother boards sometimes have extra features not related to the chipset.
  4. Thanks for the feedback guys, hadn't considered an H77 chipset.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards ASrock