Replacement DC jack for Compaq Presario R3306

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the specification for the DC power jack that is
soldered to the motherboard for the Compaq Presario R3306 laptop? The
pin broke off one of our notebooks, and don't want to fork over $600
for the motherboard to be replaced. There is a lettering on the
connector: FOXCONN 49PCB but I cannot find that reference/part number
anywhere.

Thanks
Mike McWhinney
3 answers Last reply
More about replacement jack compaq presario r3306

    I have replaced jacks on laptop mainboards. You basically have to measure
    the center pin hole & outside diameter of the exernal plug ( the adapter
    plug that plugs INTO the laptop ). It will usually be either 2.1 X 5.5 MM
    or 2.5 X 5.5 MM. Armed with that knowledge, you can order a suitable
    replacement from:

    www.digikey.com

    You'll need to scout around, but they DO sell them. They also DO have a
    minimum order, so figure out some other electro-junk you need like solder,
    shrink tubing, sinking compound, etc.

    If you need a 2.5 X 5.5, I have a few loose ones and can hook you up. Reply
    to bobkos at earthlink dot net

    ljainc" <eljainc@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me the specification for the DC power jack that is
    > soldered to the motherboard for the Compaq Presario R3306 laptop? The
    > pin broke off one of our notebooks, and don't want to fork over $600
    > for the motherboard to be replaced. There is a lettering on the
    > connector: FOXCONN 49PCB but I cannot find that reference/part number
    > anywhere.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike McWhinney

  2. Hi eljainc,
    when I needed a new DC power jack I made it through www.laptopjacks.com and I think they can help you too. Oh, BTW, they aren't expensive.
  3. Quote:
    Hi eljainc,
    when I needed a new DC power jack I made it through www.laptopjacks.com and I think they can help you too. Oh, BTW, they aren't expensive.

    Funny, I have just heard from a friend that he had a good experience with them buying DC power jack for his Gateway 200ARC.

Laptops Presario Compaq Motherboards