albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

Can someone help me find the recycle bin. It is not on the desktop nor
does it show up on a search of the hard drive (incl. hidden & system etc
files).

It appears to be 'missing', yet if I delete it asks me if I want to put
these items in the recycle bin.

Can you help me locate this as I want to put a shortcut on the desktop for
it?

I am running WinXP Pro, and am set up as an admin on it.

I have tried TweakUI and Advanced System Optimizer to no avail
--
To reply remove (no_spam) from the address

Many Thanks
Albert

Right-click on your Desktop and select:
Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Restore Default

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message:

| Can someone help me find the recycle bin. It is not on the desktop nor
| does it show up on a search of the hard drive (incl. hidden & system etc
| files).
|
| It appears to be 'missing', yet if I delete it asks me if I want to put
| these items in the recycle bin.
|
| Can you help me locate this as I want to put a shortcut on the desktop for
| it?
|
| I am running WinXP Pro, and am set up as an admin on it.
|
| I have tried TweakUI and Advanced System Optimizer to no avail
| --
| To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
|
| Many Thanks
| Albert

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

Tried it already.......no joy either

Also when I do that the option to have "My Computer" and "My Documents" as
desktop icons is disabled, but "My Network Places" and "Internet Explorer"
are enabled.

Does the restore default not restore the default icons for the particular
appliances and not the desktop? (this was my understanding)

--

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Right-click on your Desktop and select:
> Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Restore Default
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-------

> "Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message:
>
> | Can someone help me find the recycle bin. It is not on the desktop nor
> | does it show up on a search of the hard drive (incl. hidden & system etc
> | files).
> |
> | It appears to be 'missing', yet if I delete it asks me if I want to put
> | these items in the recycle bin.
> |
> | Can you help me locate this as I want to put a shortcut on the desktop
for
> | it?
> |
> | I am running WinXP Pro, and am set up as an admin on it.
> |
> | I have tried TweakUI and Advanced System Optimizer to no avail
> | --
> | To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
> |
> | Many Thanks
> | Albert

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

TweakUi also helps with desktop items, including the recycle bin.

> Tried it already.......no joy either
>
> Also when I do that the option to have "My Computer" and "My Documents" as
> desktop icons is disabled, but "My Network Places" and "Internet Explorer"
> are enabled.
>
> Does the restore default not restore the default icons for the particular
> appliances and not the desktop? (this was my understanding)
>

> --
> To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
>
> Many Thanks
> Albert
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Right-click on your Desktop and select:
> > Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Restore Default
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> >
> > Be Smart! Protect your PC!
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> -------
> >
> > "Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message:
> >
> > | Can someone help me find the recycle bin. It is not on the desktop
nor
> > | does it show up on a search of the hard drive (incl. hidden & system
etc
> > | files).
> > |
> > | It appears to be 'missing', yet if I delete it asks me if I want to
put
> > | these items in the recycle bin.
> > |
> > | Can you help me locate this as I want to put a shortcut on the desktop
> for
> > | it?
> > |
> > | I am running WinXP Pro, and am set up as an admin on it.
> > |
> > | I have tried TweakUI and Advanced System Optimizer to no avail
> > | --
> > | To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
> > |
> > | Many Thanks
> > | Albert

kelly

Hi Albert,

Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin (Line 64)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Can someone help me find the recycle bin. It is not on the desktop nor
> does it show up on a search of the hard drive (incl. hidden & system etc
> files).
>
> It appears to be 'missing', yet if I delete it asks me if I want to put
> these items in the recycle bin.
>
> Can you help me locate this as I want to put a shortcut on the desktop for
> it?
>
> I am running WinXP Pro, and am set up as an admin on it.
>
> I have tried TweakUI and Advanced System Optimizer to no avail
> --
> To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
>
> Many Thanks
> Albert

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

Already tried that & didn't work

--

> TweakUi also helps with desktop items, including the recycle bin.
>
> "Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message
> > Tried it already.......no joy either
> >
> > Also when I do that the option to have "My Computer" and "My Documents"
as
> > desktop icons is disabled, but "My Network Places" and "Internet
Explorer"
> > are enabled.
> >
> > Does the restore default not restore the default icons for the
particular
> > appliances and not the desktop? (this was my understanding)
> >

> > --
> > To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
> >
> > Many Thanks
> > Albert
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Right-click on your Desktop and select:
> > > Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Restore Default
> > >
> > > --
> > > Carey Frisch
> > > Microsoft MVP
> > > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > >
> > > Be Smart! Protect your PC!
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> > -------
> > >
> > > "Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message:

> nor
> etc

> put

> > for

Recycle Bin Does Not Appear on the Desktop
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810869

--

| Already tried that & didn't work
|
| --
| To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
|
| Many Thanks
| Albert

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

Thanks a lot - changing the registry sorted it out for me - never thought to
look at the Microsoft knowledge site. Your help much appreciated.

--

> Recycle Bin Does Not Appear on the Desktop
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810869
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

> "Albert" <eval(no_spam)@eircom.net> wrote in message:
>
> | Already tried that & didn't work
> |
> | --
> | To reply remove (no_spam) from the address
> |
> | Many Thanks
> | Albert

go to control panel ... personalization ... and click ... show or hide common items on the desktop .. u will see they all item check the recycle bin and hit the apply .. recycle bin will appear on ur desktop ...

it work for me it will work for u too..

THANKS

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!