A little help

TheCleaner

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Just how complicated would it be to move all the hardware from my gateway Gateway FX 6831-03 to a new case ? I'm thinking of buying an Antec, Dark Fleet DF-85 full tower for extra airflow and more space for the wiring etc.. I'd like to change my mobo as well but since this is a prebuilt computer, I've been told I would be better off sticking with my original MOBO to avoid problems, is this true ? Also, I haven't been able to find any manuals for Intel H57M01 mother board, if they exist they certainly did a great job of keeping them away from the public where they could have been useful, Anyone know where I can find one ? You'll find my specs below. The only thing I've changed so far is my GPU: ATI Radeon HD5850 for a Diamond Radeon HD 6970 XOC 925MHz 2048MB GDDR5 I'm running the HD5850 in another computer.

https://picasaweb.google.com/112528790479435592368/August192011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMfenp6fxsCm3AE&feat=directlink

http://xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/cases/antec-df-85/

-Thanks

Solution
You should have no problem moving the hardware from the Gateway to a new case. As for you MoBo, it is best to wipe clean your HDD (or just buy a new one) and get a new OS (the OS is tied to the original MoBo) if you want to replace you MoBo. You shouldn't have any problem then.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
You should have no problem moving the hardware from the Gateway to a new case. As for you MoBo, it is best to wipe clean your HDD (or just buy a new one) and get a new OS (the OS is tied to the original MoBo) if you want to replace you MoBo. You shouldn't have any problem then.

Solution

roald

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Wether or not you can transfer your motherboard depends on it's form factor. I was not able to find what form factor your current motherboard is. If you use a different motherboard, you shouldnt need to buy a new OS, but you will need to reinstall it.

TheCleaner

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

-Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

TheCleaner

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Appreciate your input -Thanks