Nvidia Driver 275.33 keeps failing to install. (Please Help!!)

mikevs

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Recently, I had my Gigabyte GTX 460 1gb repaired after an RMA request. In the past I have been able to install drivers no problem. Now however, Every time I try to install the most recent driver, the installation fails.

I tried uninstalling previous drivers even wiping all the old contents previously on the computer with Driver Sweeper but the problem persists. I even tried disabling my Anti Virus but still I am having issues. Upon failing, Windows has automatically installed the last working driver, 267.24. I even tried using Safe Mode and removing all of the left over drivers as well as the Nvidia Clean Install. Currently I am running Windows 7 64bit

Anyone else having these issues? What can I do to fix this?

D

Deleted member 362816

Start the install and go to custom click the clean install box, if that does not work turn of the computer take out the card restart the computer shut it down reinstall the card then put it in:)

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
If you go over on nvidia forums there are tons of people who are nor being able to install the driver.
the probable solution to the problem was posted there on nvidia forums by the real hotshot
"Did you set CWDIllegalInDllSearch=FFFFFFFF in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Session Manager]?

Delete it temporarily and try again... "
This seems to have solved the problem for most people