Gtx 560 ti

i am a complete gaming computer nube
i wont to get a gtx 560 ti but i have noticed there are many brand witch one to choice
19 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. I personally prefer EVGA.

    Their warranties are very generous, and should you need to RMA the process is quite painless.
  2. I prefer whatever is cheapest . They all have the exact same graphics processor chip in them .
  3. Double post, I answered ya other one .... I usually get Ass or EVGA but kinds PO'd at EVGA at the moment .... been fighting with them for 1.5 years on a factory OC'd card that can't do a hair above reference voltage ..... 5 RMA's to date .... keep sending same crappy refurbs ..... swapping out from another box with same model Asus card and no issues.
  4. The MSI cooling design is quiet and effective:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578

    I gave ya an OC'ed 560ti hawk...it won a 560ti shootout:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-radeon-graphics,2977.html
  5. okay should i get the oc'ed or normal
  6. If you could afford it, the OC is guaranteed to work at those speeds. the normal ones might OC to the hawk's speeds or they might not..you never know which one you will get and you can't exactly return a card with the reason, "it didn't OC well"
  7. okay i should probably get one with 2 fans right?
  8. yes,2 fans are more effective and the quieter
  9. any specific model that have a better cooling systems, or any reasons for a specific brand
  10. msi hawk
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578

    for reasons I've stated in a previous post
  11. Inno3D, Club3D and Palit make cheaper versions of the 560, in comparison to ASUS and EVGA making the most expensive.

    If brands are significant then best get a ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Gainward branded Nvidia card, but once you plug it in and close the case, nobody knows what it is.
  12. sarinaide said:
    Inno3D, Club3D and Palit make cheaper versions of the 560, in comparison to ASUS and EVGA making the most expensive.

    If brands are significant then best get a ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Gainward branded Nvidia card, but once you plug it in and close the case, nobody knows what it is.


    Yes but during load and in many instances even during idle, you will be able to HEAR what card you have...

    and temps will also dictate the quality of the card.
  13. I don't know whether to be awestruck or horrified by that......if you can hear what another has in his rig......I would seriously suggest getting out a bit more.
  14. sarinaide said:
    I don't know whether to be awestruck or horrified by that......if you can hear what another has in his rig......I would seriously suggest getting out a bit more.


    I meant the difference between a stock 560 ti and an aftermarket solution or even a cheap aftermarket solution is the noise output because of the design of the coolers...

    I don't know about you but I don't enjoy playing games with my gpu at 65db....
  15. chillin15 said:
    I meant the difference between a stock 560 ti and an aftermarket solution or even a cheap aftermarket solution is the noise output because of the design of the coolers...

    I don't know about you but I don't enjoy playing games with my gpu at 65db....


    Yeah I know what you are saying, my rig before the upgrade was just a noisy build, nothing surround sound 5.1 can't fix.
  16. Quote:
    Video card noise reminds me of the soothing sounds of performance engines. My MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 has a very pleasent roar and cools extremely well. I never knew a gpu could be so mean yet so quiet yet so sexy and at the same time keeping its cool :p


    I never understood that concept. I always hated noise that is a byproduct of performance - in engines and computers.....I want the car and pc to show me that it is powerful, not scream at me.

    I am eagerly awaiting the day pc technology allows for fanless high performance GPUs and CPUs. The day when the only sound I hear is what comes out of my speakers and not from my case..
  17. My idea of a great sound, is formula one V8's banshee wailing........sigh.
  18. Nothing like the sound of a blown out sleave bearing in a spent fan................I like the droning sound of a PC and all its glory.

    Anyways............I think we are way off topic here.
  19. EVGA FPB 560ti has a slight factory overclock and is supposedly very stable, + the great warranty from EVGA. It can be had for about $200
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gtx Gaming Computer Systems Product