• Gtx
  • Gaming
  • Computer
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 20, 2011 12:43:34 AM

i am a complete gaming computer nube
i wont to get a gtx 560 ti but i have noticed there are many brand witch one to choice

More about : gtx 560

a b B Homebuilt system
August 20, 2011 12:52:01 AM

I personally prefer EVGA.

Their warranties are very generous, and should you need to RMA the process is quite painless.
m
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
August 20, 2011 4:28:49 AM

I prefer whatever is cheapest . They all have the exact same graphics processor chip in them .
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 237 4 Gaming
August 20, 2011 5:02:51 AM

Double post, I answered ya other one .... I usually get Ass or EVGA but kinds PO'd at EVGA at the moment .... been fighting with them for 1.5 years on a factory OC'd card that can't do a hair above reference voltage ..... 5 RMA's to date .... keep sending same crappy refurbs ..... swapping out from another box with same model Asus card and no issues.
m
l
August 21, 2011 2:07:48 AM

okay should i get the oc'ed or normal
m
l
August 21, 2011 2:33:13 AM

If you could afford it, the OC is guaranteed to work at those speeds. the normal ones might OC to the hawk's speeds or they might not..you never know which one you will get and you can't exactly return a card with the reason, "it didn't OC well"
m
l
August 21, 2011 2:50:03 AM

okay i should probably get one with 2 fans right?
m
l
August 21, 2011 2:50:40 AM

yes,2 fans are more effective and the quieter
m
l
August 21, 2011 2:52:27 AM

any specific model that have a better cooling systems, or any reasons for a specific brand
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2011 5:41:04 AM

Inno3D, Club3D and Palit make cheaper versions of the 560, in comparison to ASUS and EVGA making the most expensive.

If brands are significant then best get a ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Gainward branded Nvidia card, but once you plug it in and close the case, nobody knows what it is.
m
l
August 21, 2011 7:50:20 AM

sarinaide said:
Inno3D, Club3D and Palit make cheaper versions of the 560, in comparison to ASUS and EVGA making the most expensive.

If brands are significant then best get a ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Gainward branded Nvidia card, but once you plug it in and close the case, nobody knows what it is.

Yes but during load and in many instances even during idle, you will be able to HEAR what card you have...

and temps will also dictate the quality of the card.

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2011 4:02:02 PM

I don't know whether to be awestruck or horrified by that......if you can hear what another has in his rig......I would seriously suggest getting out a bit more.
m
l
August 21, 2011 4:09:17 PM

sarinaide said:
I don't know whether to be awestruck or horrified by that......if you can hear what another has in his rig......I would seriously suggest getting out a bit more.

I meant the difference between a stock 560 ti and an aftermarket solution or even a cheap aftermarket solution is the noise output because of the design of the coolers...

I don't know about you but I don't enjoy playing games with my gpu at 65db....

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2011 4:14:58 PM

chillin15 said:
I meant the difference between a stock 560 ti and an aftermarket solution or even a cheap aftermarket solution is the noise output because of the design of the coolers...

I don't know about you but I don't enjoy playing games with my gpu at 65db....

Yeah I know what you are saying, my rig before the upgrade was just a noisy build, nothing surround sound 5.1 can't fix.
m
l
August 21, 2011 6:23:26 PM

Quote:
Video card noise reminds me of the soothing sounds of performance engines. My MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 has a very pleasent roar and cools extremely well. I never knew a gpu could be so mean yet so quiet yet so sexy and at the same time keeping its cool :p 

I never understood that concept. I always hated noise that is a byproduct of performance - in engines and computers.....I want the car and pc to show me that it is powerful, not scream at me.

I am eagerly awaiting the day pc technology allows for fanless high performance GPUs and CPUs. The day when the only sound I hear is what comes out of my speakers and not from my case..
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2011 6:31:07 PM

My idea of a great sound, is formula one V8's banshee wailing........sigh.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2011 6:43:57 PM

Nothing like the sound of a blown out sleave bearing in a spent fan................I like the droning sound of a PC and all its glory.

Anyways............I think we are way off topic here.
m
l
August 21, 2011 7:40:03 PM

EVGA FPB 560ti has a slight factory overclock and is supposedly very stable, + the great warranty from EVGA. It can be had for about $200
m
l
!