Starting program on boot

I am setting up a kiosk style operation where I want the
Kiosk software to start everytime the computer starts up,
with XP, it always goes to a log on screen. Is there
anyway to by-pass the log on so that the program starts on
boot?
1 answer Last reply
More about starting program boot

    Auto log on
    .. Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
    .. Type in the following:
    control userpasswords2
    .. now click OK
    .. In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the
    primary logon.
    .. Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
    .. Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected
    users password.

    Click OK.
    The changes will work the next time you restart your computer.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231
    How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows

    Starting programs

    When Windows starts up, it looks in the Startup folder of your Start Menu for
    shortcuts to programs. This folder is usually stored in Documents And
    Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs. If any programs or shortcuts to programs
    are stored in this folder, Windows runs them automatically when it has finished
    starting up.

    "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am setting up a kiosk style operation where I want the
    > Kiosk software to start everytime the computer starts up,
    > with XP, it always goes to a log on screen. Is there
    > anyway to by-pass the log on so that the program starts on
    > boot?

Configuration Boot Customization Windows XP