Starting program on boot

lee

I am setting up a kiosk style operation where I want the
Kiosk software to start everytime the computer starts up,
with XP, it always goes to a log on screen. Is there
anyway to by-pass the log on so that the program starts on
boot?

Auto log on
.. Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
.. Type in the following:
control userpasswords2
.. now click OK
.. In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the
primary logon.
.. Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
.. Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected
users password.

Click OK.
The changes will work the next time you restart your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231
How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows

Starting programs

When Windows starts up, it looks in the Startup folder of your Start Menu for
shortcuts to programs. This folder is usually stored in Documents And
Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs. If any programs or shortcuts to programs
are stored in this folder, Windows runs them automatically when it has finished
starting up.