Cannon Power Shot G3 4.0 megapixels

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 24, 2005 8:06:27 PM

I love my Cannon and have taken hunderds of pictures, mostly portraits
and landscapes...should I stick with it anohter year or upgrade to a
5.0 or 6.0...I do make big prints 11x14 and have been somewhat
disapointed by resolution. Recomendations other than Cannon?

Erica Lindberg Gourd
March 24, 2005 10:15:05 PM

"Erica Lindberg" <erica@lindberglicensing.com> wrote in message
> I love my Cannon and have taken hunderds of pictures, mostly portraits
> and landscapes...should I stick with it anohter year or upgrade to a
> 5.0 or 6.0...I do make big prints 11x14 and have been somewhat
> disapointed by resolution. Recomendations other than Cannon?
>
> Erica Lindberg Gourd

Most cannon cameras take 35mm ammo. ;-)
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:06:16 AM

I made some 14 x 27 enlargements from my Olympus 3030 (3.2mp) and I was
tickled to death at how well they came out. An 11 x 14 print is meant to be
viewed from a couple of feet away. It isn't intended to be viewed like a
snapshot. I'd hang in there for another year. There is bound to be
something better no matter how long you wait. I would wait until I couldn't
stand it any more and then buy.

Doug

"Erica Lindberg" <erica@lindberglicensing.com> wrote in message
>I love my Cannon and have taken hunderds of pictures, mostly portraits
> and landscapes...should I stick with it anohter year or upgrade to a
> 5.0 or 6.0...I do make big prints 11x14 and have been somewhat
> disapointed by resolution. Recomendations other than Cannon?
>
> Erica Lindberg Gourd

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 4:21:56 AM

PhotoMan wrote:
> "Erica Lindberg" <erica@lindberglicensing.com> wrote in message
>
>>I love my Cannon and have taken hunderds of pictures, mostly portraits
>>and landscapes...should I stick with it anohter year or upgrade to a
>>5.0 or 6.0...I do make big prints 11x14 and have been somewhat
>>disapointed by resolution. Recomendations other than Cannon?
>>
>>Erica Lindberg Gourd
>

> Most cannon cameras take 35mm ammo. ;-)

Hi,
Little off topic. I had G3 and switched to Oly C5060 for more wide angle
coverage. Not much of an upgrade as far as pixel goes.
Tony
!