Your question

180mm fan filter?

Tags:
  • Filter
  • Fan
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 18, 2011 3:19:13 PM

I'd like to install a 180mm intake fan on the side of my case but would really like a filter. The only filter I've found of that size is a silver stone one, and it's not available in Japan. (It's where I live. 30 minutes from Akihabara!)
So can anyone suggest anything? Any other brands or alternatives that you know?

Many thanks.

More about : 180mm fan filter

November 18, 2011 3:36:50 PM

you could use pantyhose, or something similar. however, I would not use air filters, as they restrict airflow to an extent. It is much easier to simply open up your case every coulple of months an blow out the excess dust with a compressed can of air.

To further decrease dust you could have a positve air pressure flow in the case.

m
l
November 18, 2011 3:40:31 PM

thesnappyfingers said:
you could use pantyhose, or something similar. however, I would not use air filters, as they restrict airflow to an extent. It is much easier to simply open up your case every coulple of months an blow out the excess dust with a compressed can of air.

To further decrease dust you could have a positve air pressure flow in the case.

I was thinking the same thing. It would probably be easier (and cheaper) to make a filter than to buy one that size.
m
l
!