• New Build
  • Sabertooth
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 20, 2011 4:13:48 AM

I am building my new system with the following setup

1. AMD phenom II X6 1100
2. Sabertooth 990fx for AMD
3. Corsair Memory Vengeance 8 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8.
4. graphics card : EVGA gtx 560Ti
5. power supply : corsair TX650

DRAM led is red and system is not booting . Press mem OK button too but nothing happening and system unable to boot at all .

Thanks for any advice .I am struggling for 2 days without any result.

More about : sabertooth 990fx build booting problem

August 20, 2011 4:19:20 AM

read the troubleshooting thread
m
l
August 20, 2011 7:26:50 AM

Outlander_04 said:
read the troubleshooting thread

I am new to this forum . Can you please point me toward the thread?
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2011 5:41:13 PM

You have to hold down the MemOK button. I have those same two parts, and the RAM will not run at 1600, but is fine at 1333.
Make sure the RAM is properly seated. The way the RAM only locks down on one side, it is easy to think you've got it secure but it really isn't, so take a close look and make sure it is well seated in the socket.
m
l
August 20, 2011 6:44:09 PM

i have the same motherboard and the same thing happened at one point (but not it's screwed now, even made a thread about it)

i kept pressing the memok! button but it never fixed it, the dram would still be red, even when i restarted. i just redid everything, and it turns out that my gpu wasn't seated too firmly, so i fixed that, booted it up, dram led didnt flash and went on successfully. don't know what gpu has to do with the dram led but it worked for me.
m
l
August 27, 2011 6:30:07 PM

dylanraga said:
i have the same motherboard and the same thing happened at one point (but not it's screwed now, even made a thread about it)

i kept pressing the memok! button but it never fixed it, the dram would still be red, even when i restarted. i just redid everything, and it turns out that my gpu wasn't seated too firmly, so i fixed that, booted it up, dram led didnt flash and went on successfully. don't know what gpu has to do with the dram led but it worked for me.

Thanks! It worked for me after I reassembled my GPU and clean the RAM slots and place it again...its a bit weird but now RAM is running on 1333 instead of 1600 ...
m
l
!