Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Antec True Power TP-750W Questions:

Last response: in Systems
August 20, 2011 5:18:58 AM

Hi Community

I am building a new Gaming PC. The specifications to it are as followed. Will a Antec True Power 750W be able to support 6970 CrossFire X along with my other hardware i want to get or do i need to get a different PSU with higher voltage

CPU: Intel i7 2600
Memory: 2x4GB Kit G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3-1600
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
Graphics: 2x HIS ATI Radeon 6970 2GB CrossfireX
PSU: Antec True Power TP-750W
DVD: LG SATA DVD Burner

Thanks

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
August 20, 2011 12:23:11 PM

Yes that PSU will be able to support that.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/amds-radeon-hd-6970-...
They used a system with an i7-920, which is more power hungry than any Sandy Bridge CPU. They showed their system drawing 564W under Crysis and 601W under Furmark.
So on maximum load you would be stressing the PSU to ~70-80%.
Remember that this is the maximum and your typical power draw will be much lower and the Antec is designed to deliver it's rated output (750W) for extended periods of time, as long as it is kept in conditions below it's operating temp.
However the fan might get a bit noisy, if in fact it does get stressed to 70-80%, so some might suggest getting an 850W PSU, if you haven't bought it yet.

I would not suggest using a WD Caviar Green for a boot drive, as it will be unnecessarily slow, while not saving that much power.
August 21, 2011 5:11:10 AM

Silvune said:
Yes that PSU will be able to support that.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/amds-radeon-hd-6970-...
They used a system with an i7-920, which is more power hungry than any Sandy Bridge CPU. They showed their system drawing 564W under Crysis and 601W under Furmark.
So on maximum load you would be stressing the PSU to ~70-80%.
Remember that this is the maximum and your typical power draw will be much lower and the Antec is designed to deliver it's rated output (750W) for extended periods of time, as long as it is kept in conditions below it's operating temp.
However the fan might get a bit noisy, if in fact it does get stressed to 70-80%, so some might suggest getting an 850W PSU, if you haven't bought it yet.

I would not suggest using a WD Caviar Green for a boot drive, as it will be unnecessarily slow, while not saving that much power.

do you how long does it would take to boot with a wd caviar green? im going to be running windows 7 ultimate 64bit on it

thanks
m
l
August 21, 2011 5:11:49 AM

Best answer selected by itsbighead.
m
l
!