default save file

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

How do I choose the default save file? XP automatically
throws me to My Documents which is on my c drive, but I
use that drive for my os only in case of drive melt down -
saving things there would be the exact opposite of what I
want. I have to go through a long process just to get to
the other My Documents I have created on an alternate
drive.

You can move, not copy, my docs anywhere you want. So drag it with shift held down (force a move) or drag it with the right mouse button and choose Move on the menu that appears when you drop it.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html