convertible tablet pcs

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 16, 2005 12:57:19 AM

I am required by my University to buy a tablet pc and my choice is
between the Fujitsu t4010 and the Thinkpad X41 both are notebooks which
can be converted into tablets.

I need advice on which one to choose.

More about : convertible tablet pcs

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2005 11:27:36 AM

Hi Hashim,
I have been through this just recently and after 3 months of
research decided on the Fujitsu T4010.

I have had many laptops over the years from smaller Libretto 50
through to the normal sized Toshiba Satellite models, and can say that
the Fujitsu is without a doubt the "ultimate" pc I've ever purchased.

The battery life is good, its quiet when using late at night (some
laptops have noisy screens), the layout and function as both a laptop
and tablet more than exceeded my expectations.

I'll find the details of the tabletpc newsgroup, and there is a good
post from a medical student who has gone through a similar
invetsigative process.

Cheers

Phillip

On 15 Aug 2005 20:57:19 -0700, "hashim.muntazar@gmail.com"
<hashim.muntazar@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am required by my University to buy a tablet pc and my choice is
>between the Fujitsu t4010 and the Thinkpad X41 both are notebooks which
>can be converted into tablets.
>
>I need advice on which one to choose.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2005 11:33:37 AM

Hi Hashim,
the newsgroup is

microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc

The messages I referred to are first dated 24/7/05 and are under the
heading

Best TabletPC for Classroom Note Taking, Studying, etc.

I think you may find the newsgroup and the above a useful reference.

!