Vertical Yellow Lines On The 6850

I have recently bought my a XFX 6850 card about half a year ago, and from the start I have seen these vertical yellow lines coming down my monitor, and they are especially visible on white pages. I didn't think that it was much of a problem, however, recently the yellow lines have become worse and are more visible. Just yesterday I have changed the refresh rate from 60Hz to 50Hz and it has improved, but today when I checked, the same yellow lines are appearing even on the 50Hz refresh rate. I have tried to update the drivers and this has made no difference.

Hopefully some of you can guys help me with this, thanks in advance!
16 answers Last reply
More about vertical yellow lines 6850
  1. It's defective. Replace it.
  2. RMA it ..best way to fix it.
    http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Shop/Returns.aspx
  3. Ah, thanks for the quick reply, that sounds bad...
    Anyone know how long RMA takes? And does it charge? ><
    Thanks
  4. U can ask them the turnaround time. As far as I know the only cost is you to send your rma item.
  5. Before sending the card to rma i would try a different monitor or a tv just to be sure that is not the monitor that has the problem.
  6. kss207rc said:
    Before sending the card to rma i would try a different monitor or a tv just to be sure that is not the monitor that has the problem.

I have tried the monitor with both my PS3 and laptop and the lines do not appear.
    I have also discovered that by uninstalling the CCC driver and running the card without any drivers but the original Windows driver the yellow lines do not appear, could this be a driver problem?
  7. It could be a drivers issue.Try to uninstall them with driversweeper in safe mode.First in normal mode uninstall the ccc then reboot in safe mode and apply the driversweeper.
  8. kss207rc said:
    It could be a drivers issue.Try to uninstall them with driversweeper in safe mode.First in normal mode uninstall the ccc then reboot in safe mode and apply the driversweeper.

I shall try that, would it be possible for you to link me to a drivesweeper?

I would also want to ask is it normal for the fan in the graphics card to increase in speed after CCC is installed? Because after I install CCC the fan speeds up way faster than without the drivers, even when both are at same resolutions - 1400x1050

Thanks!!
  9. Does the fan increases it speed for example 30-40% or just a little,and increases speed in idle and stays there or it drops again?

here is driversweeper:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/cYNQrsK
  10. ur problem is your card artifacing...u'll have to send it in for repair/replacement from the vga company.
  11. You cant be sure for that,I think it is best to try some possible solution first and then send it.
  12. kss207rc said:
    Does the fan increases it speed for example 30-40% or just a little,and increases speed in idle and stays there or it drops again?

here is driversweeper:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/cYNQrsK

Thanks for the link!
    I'm not too sure about the speed percentages, but I notice that there is a big difference in noise of the fans. The speed is already different at startup of the computer when Window loads up and CPU usage is only around 1-5%. Without the drivers installed I only hear a humming sound but when the drivers are installed the noise is way louder.
    Hope that can explain my current problem ><
  13. Cerealkiller45_86 said:
    ur problem is your card artifacing...u'll have to send it in for repair/replacement from the vga company.

Thanks for the reply
    Although I'm not much of an expert with computers, could you explain what artifacting is? And should I try reinstalling the drivers first? Thanks!
  14. Ok i get it.I think your problem is a faulty drivers install.Ohh and make sure you install the latest one after you finish with driversweeper(i think current are 11.6).
  15. Theyre not artifacts, theyre racing stripes!
  16. iam2thecrowe said:
    Theyre not artifacts, theyre racing stripes!

What??
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics