Sign in with
Your question

Vertical Yellow Lines On The 6850

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 17, 2011 6:06:03 PM

I have recently bought my a XFX 6850 card about half a year ago, and from the start I have seen these vertical yellow lines coming down my monitor, and they are especially visible on white pages. I didn't think that it was much of a problem, however, recently the yellow lines have become worse and are more visible. Just yesterday I have changed the refresh rate from 60Hz to 50Hz and it has improved, but today when I checked, the same yellow lines are appearing even on the 50Hz refresh rate. I have tried to update the drivers and this has made no difference.

Hopefully some of you can guys help me with this, thanks in advance!

More about : vertical yellow lines 6850

a b U Graphics card
June 17, 2011 6:19:48 PM

It's defective. Replace it.
Related resources
June 17, 2011 6:43:57 PM

Ah, thanks for the quick reply, that sounds bad...
Anyone know how long RMA takes? And does it charge? ><
Thanks
June 17, 2011 6:58:43 PM

U can ask them the turnaround time. As far as I know the only cost is you to send your rma item.
June 17, 2011 7:04:30 PM

Before sending the card to rma i would try a different monitor or a tv just to be sure that is not the monitor that has the problem.
June 17, 2011 8:37:43 PM

kss207rc said:
Before sending the card to rma i would try a different monitor or a tv just to be sure that is not the monitor that has the problem.

I have tried the monitor with both my PS3 and laptop and the lines do not appear.
I have also discovered that by uninstalling the CCC driver and running the card without any drivers but the original Windows driver the yellow lines do not appear, could this be a driver problem?
June 17, 2011 8:41:55 PM

It could be a drivers issue.Try to uninstall them with driversweeper in safe mode.First in normal mode uninstall the ccc then reboot in safe mode and apply the driversweeper.
June 17, 2011 8:53:22 PM

kss207rc said:
It could be a drivers issue.Try to uninstall them with driversweeper in safe mode.First in normal mode uninstall the ccc then reboot in safe mode and apply the driversweeper.

I shall try that, would it be possible for you to link me to a drivesweeper?

I would also want to ask is it normal for the fan in the graphics card to increase in speed after CCC is installed? Because after I install CCC the fan speeds up way faster than without the drivers, even when both are at same resolutions - 1400x1050

Thanks!!
June 17, 2011 9:00:23 PM

Does the fan increases it speed for example 30-40% or just a little,and increases speed in idle and stays there or it drops again?

here is driversweeper:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/cYNQrsK
June 17, 2011 9:01:12 PM

ur problem is your card artifacing...u'll have to send it in for repair/replacement from the vga company.
June 17, 2011 9:03:43 PM

You cant be sure for that,I think it is best to try some possible solution first and then send it.
June 17, 2011 9:06:35 PM

kss207rc said:
Does the fan increases it speed for example 30-40% or just a little,and increases speed in idle and stays there or it drops again?

here is driversweeper:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/cYNQrsK

Thanks for the link!
I'm not too sure about the speed percentages, but I notice that there is a big difference in noise of the fans. The speed is already different at startup of the computer when Window loads up and CPU usage is only around 1-5%. Without the drivers installed I only hear a humming sound but when the drivers are installed the noise is way louder.
Hope that can explain my current problem ><
June 17, 2011 9:08:27 PM

Cerealkiller45_86 said:
ur problem is your card artifacing...u'll have to send it in for repair/replacement from the vga company.

Thanks for the reply
Although I'm not much of an expert with computers, could you explain what artifacting is? And should I try reinstalling the drivers first? Thanks!
June 17, 2011 9:10:44 PM

Ok i get it.I think your problem is a faulty drivers install.Ohh and make sure you install the latest one after you finish with driversweeper(i think current are 11.6).
a c 177 U Graphics card
June 18, 2011 8:18:07 AM

Theyre not artifacts, theyre racing stripes!
June 18, 2011 10:29:06 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
Theyre not artifacts, theyre racing stripes!

What??
!