V551 USE AS A MODEM TO CONNECT TO MY ISP

jeff

Hi All,

I just got my v551 and am wondering about being able to use it as a modem
for my laptop, connecting either by bluetooth or by the usb cable, to call
my own isp to connect to the internet and just minutes on my plan and not
some other paid service. I just called cingular and talked to a service
rep. there and she said yes that i could use it as a modem and only use
minutes without paying for any other service but could not tell me how to
set it up. She gave me a number to Motorolla but that number only had
automated responses and no live person and so i did not get the info I was
looking for. Can I just use the Connection Manager software that you can
download from Cingular's site to do this? Just wondering if anyone has done
this and/or how to set it up to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.cingular
* Reply to: All; "Jeff" <jefffby@yahoo.com>
* Date:Wed, 8 Jun 2005 05:36:47 -0500
* Subj: V551 USE AS A MODEM TO CONNECT TO MY ISP

http://navasgrp.home.att.net/tech/cingular/index.htm . Good luck.
--
Jack