Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cannot configure router

Last response: in Networking
October 10, 2010 11:26:11 PM

k switched my service to clearwireless was useing cable had to reset router to get my other computer online but now peeps r able to get on my network i tryed typeing in 192.168.1.1 in my internet adress but it times out does not let me on the website to configure the router to on my comp in the bedroom the d-link router is not even showing up on the network mape just the clearwire modem so if anyone can help me figure this out it would be great my specs r msi 790fx-gd70(ms-7577) router is a d-link wbr 2310 and the clearwire modem i just dont really know its specs. PS using network magic on both comps

More about : configure router

Best solution

Anonymous
October 10, 2010 11:36:44 PM

To access the router at the default IP address you need to temporarily disconnect it from the modem and restart it.

To set wireless security see the following:

Connect the computer to the router with an ethernet cable.

See the literature which came with your router for how to access the user setup screens in the router. Once in go to wireless security and review or renew the wireless security type and password. WPA PSK TKIP is the most common security type in use. Make a note of the SSID or change it to one of your invention.

Go to wireless mode and ensure that it's set to a protocol matching your computer's wireless adapter (mixed mode is a safe bet). Check for a setting often called Access List that includes or excludes users by identifying the MAC ID unique to their wireless adapter. Disable that.

Disconnect ethernet cable.

Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect the router's SSID (wireless call sign). Select that network.

Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen.
February 20, 2011 7:38:55 PM

Best answer selected by elric42.
m
l
!