Motherboard selection

sohaib38

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Which of the following motherboards should i buy:

1.) http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8B75M_LE/#overview
2.) http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4146#ov

Asus motherboard: It is a b75 chipset but supports lucid virtu mvp so it is a free performance boost for my gaming performance!

Gigabyte motherboard: It is a h77 chipset, doesnot support lucid virtu mvp(as far as i know) but it is a UD4 motherboard so it has a humidity protection which is pretty useful for me as i live in a place where the weather is very humid.

U may like to visit the link for reference too

Please suggest which of the above mentioned motherboards should i buy?

Thankyou

Solution
G

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)

to make best use of a SLI configuration you would need one with
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the...
G

either board is pretty good though the lucid MVP is just ok for gaming performance. it helps keep the minimum frame rate from going down too far and not really helps increase the frame rate.

i am not sure if that "humidity protection" is not more for marketing than an actually difference. but if it is a concern for you, it might not hurt to be cautious.

i would recommend the gigabyte though because it has more PCI-E slots and the smaller asus can be a pain to work on.

sohaib38

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
about lucid. as i read a review and it showed some nice performance rise, even at 50+fps, what i mean to say is that it does increase the fps in games, which is my main objective, but do u think i should still go for h77 chipset, as i may be installing two gpus instead of one!

G

lucid really didn't do anything for me. i had tried out the trial version when i saw my chipset would support it. plus there seems to be other factors involved like if the game supports it. so i don't know about making a selection based solely on MVP.

also the H77 board's second PCI-E slot runs at PCI 2.0 x4 and wouldn't be very good at running a SLI configuration.

G

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)

to make best use of a SLI configuration you would need one with
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3856#sp

however that would need to have the BIOS updated if you are getting a ivy bridge cpu to support it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS